Okay so I think I did something wrong

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by gettogaara, Feb 13, 2013.

1. gettogaara
    OP

gettogaara GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2009
    United States
    USA-NY
    Yeah so first off, please excuse my stupidity. I'm on no sleep right now. I went to www.r4ids.cn for the first time in a moth or so and saw that they put up some new patches. I hastily downloaded the top patch which is
    The new patch for DSi/XL V1.45 is released now! (for DSi/XL V1.45 only)(Jan.23,2013)

I'm on a 3DSXL and when I ran the patch it took. It told me accepted and everything lulling me into a false sense of security. After rebooting my 3DS, I find that the cart is no longer recognized when being put in the slot. Is there anyway for me to fix this or do I need to get a new cart?

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Looks like the update didn't finish properly.

You will need a second flash cart and an original DS or a DS Lite in order to unbrick yours (the DSi and 3DS will not work as they killed cart-swapping).

3. Issac

Issac oh!

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Issac is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 10, 2004
    Sweden
    I think there might be a chance that you can fix it, using a DS or DS light... but I'm not sure at all. I'll let those with more experience let you know for sure.

Edit: Ninja'd by Rydian :P

4. gettogaara
    OP

Mar 6, 2009
    United States
    USA-NY
    Damn that sucks. What's worse though is the update finished properly once but then I clicked A again by accident and was scared that updating again might cause damage so I shut it down. Really wish I could go back a few minutes in time right now lol.

No other way without a ds or ds lite hm? Sadly, I might just be better off buying a new cart.

5. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    you broke it by shutting it down after pressing A for the second time, updating again would of caused 0 harm

you now need another working flashcard to load the update and then flash the r4ids.cn again

live and learn

6. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Yeah, lots of people here have bricked a cart by accidentally hitting A a second time and then shutting off. I've had to sit through update processes twice a few times by hitting A by reflex, then needing to wait for it again...

7. gettogaara
    OP

Mar 6, 2009
    United States
    USA-NY
    Thanks for the help guys.

So now that I have to get a new cart, should I just go for another R4i 3DS or the Supercard DSTwo? I know it's like double the price but is it worth it?

8. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Well it has quicker firmware updates, and additional features for DS games like a real-time cheat menu and slow-motion and stuff, but if the r4ids.cn cart worked for you (before the update issue), it's cheap enough to get a replacement.

9. PsyBlade

PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Jul 30, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Sol III
    slightly OT but does anyone know which versions of the 3DS firmware are supported by this update?
    (I know its not 4.5 . I got a rev 8 cart and would like to play sticker star.)