Hacking Okami HD freezing at 'Saving Save Data'

bluedart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I hacked my switch a few weeks ago and it's been working pretty well. All except one new thing. After installing Okami HD successfully with Tinfoil I can't seem to get it to create the default save file without freezing the whole system. It gets to the point after it plays the intro and asks you to press plus. After doing so it gets about 1/3 of a second into "Saving save data" and then just freezes the whole thing. I've rebooted thrice and it consistently does this. All other games seem to work properly. I was wondering if this is some new trickery with Okami HD to combat hacking since this is a new release. If this is happening to other people, then it's just some new thing we can't do anything about yet. Then again, if other people are able to use this with Tinfoil then I'm going to have to try a few things to get it working properly.

Off the top of my head there's: different SD card, re-installing, and getting a different source for the nsp file. Is this happening to you too? If not, can you think of any method I have not already listed that I should try?

Edit: For future reference, apparently all you have to do is disable "Layred FS". Rebooting and choosing to not use LayeredFS in your cfw is sufficient if such a method exists.

Last edited by bluedart,

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the same issue but I stay on FW 4.0.1 so I must run this game using LayeredFS over SMO: it starts fine but it freezes on data creation. Obviously, I cannot remove "fs_mitm.kip".
Could someone help me by giving me an empty created savedata?
Thank you for your help!

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue but I stay on FW 4.0.1 so I must run this game using LayeredFS over SMO: it starts fine but it freezes on data creation. Obviously, I cannot remove "fs_mitm.kip".
Could someone help me by giving me an empty created savedata?
Thank you for your help!
Why are you using LayeredFS to run your backups? Just use ReiNX for 4.0.1 and run your NSP that way. You're making things more difficult for yourself that way.

bluedart

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on RajNX; removing that file does not fix it. However, booting into cfw (without layeredFS support) does allow me to pass the initial save creation. Does anyone know what's actually happening here that's making it crash? Also, how did you find this out? Now I'm just curious.

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm on RajNX; removing that file does not fix it. However, booting into cfw (without layeredFS support) does allow me to pass the initial save creation. Does anyone know what's actually happening here that's making it crash? Also, how did you find this out? Now I'm just curious.
It's already been proven and posted multiple time that recent layered FS kip are causing issues.
In this case, FS mitm is interfering with some games. Loading a CFW without layeredFS fixes the issue.

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What a mess... 0 issue with the SX Pro...
Sx Pro is a dongle. We are talking about layered FS in CFW here.
It's not a mess at all, old layered FS works, it's just that nobody cares about it since we have Tinfoil. Same issue could have happened with SX OS if they had used the latest fs mitm kip...

Albytrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For everyones information, the legal Eshop game also freezes sometimes.
I did not hack my switch and the game froze reveral times, resulting in a black screen etc.

That sounds more like a memory card problem than a game issue... especially if others (including myself) haven't had any problems with it on SX OS.

May I just also add that NSP installing on SX OS completely changed everything for me and is by far the most useful feature of SX OS... in fact I deleted over 1TB of XCI and started over with NSP because of the updates, DLC and you can just launch any and every game from the menu. I honestly don't think I need anything else, just the time to go through the several hundred games I can try hahaha.

Last edited by Albytrozz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated