Okami HD announced for Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Chary, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Hyborix3

Hyborix3 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    Korea, South
    Interesting point you've made. I REALLY want to see how much Capcom priced this game compared to the other platforms they gave.

2. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    I never played okami, and since this looks like an e-shop only title I won't be able to grab it so easily

3. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    Australia
    why not? wouldnt it be easier on eshop than looking for a physical copy? am sure it's also cheaper.

4. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    I don't have any easy way to purchase things online
    I believe I have a friend who has the DS port, maybe I will ask her if I can have the game for a while to try it

5. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Addict

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    Hope this is better than the ps3 port. Great in terms of both action and puzzles.
    Also slightly offended a pagan religion is called cult, but I am not Japanese.

Last edited by Yil, Mar 9, 2018
  6. owek1

owek1 Master Sword Wielder

Aug 16, 2016
    Australia
    i believe the DS port was a completely different game? i could be wrong since i haven't played any from the series before.

DinohScene likes this.
  7. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    It is.
    PC, PS3, PS2, Wii, Xbone and PS4 are the same game tho.

owek1 likes this.
  8. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    eShop ? I will pass. I prefer to have a physical copy instead. No digital for me, man.

9. Classicgamer

Classicgamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 20, 2012
    United States
    Valid point, however, there are a whole generation of people who haven’t owned any game systems prior to Switch...kids born in 2008 would experience every single Switch game as “new”.

I like to think of the ports as bonus while they work on the blockbuster new games coming.

10. yummycake

yummycake Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2017
    United States
    I'm going to cry if it will be priced at 60 dollars.
    It should be below that amount.

11. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    considering there is no phisical release i bet it will not be switch taxed since that is for the prices of cartriges, and nintendo forces the phisical price to be the same as digital, thats why devs do the switch tax or add stuff to the phisical release like soundtracks and such.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

the ds one is a sequel to this ones, the okami was released on ps2 originaly, remastered for wii,xbox360,ps3 latter and now remastered again for ps4,xb1 and switch. the ds release is a sequel to the original okami not the same game,

12. Memoir

Memoir Just a Memory

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Somewhere, over there!
    Sheep.. Hm... Originality is dead. So, I have to wonder what imaginary world you're living in.

13. xpoverzion

xpoverzion GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2017
    Gaza Strip
    Originality is dead precisely because of the sheep that keep buying the same old rehashed stuff, over, and over. What incentive is there to innovate, and make anything original when you can get all the sheep to make you wealthy by buying the same thing again and again. Much easier for a company to put money into marketing the same old as being new, than to put that money into actually making something new and original. Too much risk with investing into new and original when you know the sheep will keep filling your coffers by purchasing the same old.

14. m_babble

m_babble Elder Phantom

Dec 12, 2004
    United States
    They're gonna have to go pretty low on price to want to pick this up again.