Gaming Ok wierd monitor issues

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, im running a radeon HD4670 with an old phillips 19" monitor, whenever i try to run Timeshift i get "80k/74hz Frequency out of range" error. It just pops up in the middle of my screen yet i can run games like Assasins creed, Bioshock etc. which have more demanding specs fine... Any help?

Senbonzaku101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try booting into VGA mode during startup, I had to do that, then reinstalled graphics software to update connectivity to an old monitor which now lets me fix the resolution/color.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am guessing it is not specs but how much the game takes over. A simple fix sometimes is to hard power down the monitor and power it back up (old VGA things sometimes trip up on switching modes) but more likely the game does just set the resolution/refresh rate too high or otherwise out of bounds.

Most games will come with options to change before launch (indeed many require it for the bigger changes) and if not there will usually be an ini file/registry tweak or something like it ( http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/...x.php/Main_Page deals with similar things so is perhaps worth a look here).

After that though I would look at drivers as Senbonzaku101 says. You can often lock things down at the options there: change from let application decide to let me decide (works well when trying to run demanding games too and they do not sport many options).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-