Hacking OK to Upgrade 3.4 -> 4.1?

• Thread starter porkins
  • Start date
  • Views 2,072
  • Replies 4
P

porkins

OP
My Wii was at 3.4u without any MODs on it. I soft modded the console using the following procedures:

1) Run the Twilight Hack v0.1 beta2
2) Install Homebrew Channel 1.0.1 (these instructions are all over and easy to do). Now you can delete everything on the SD card.
3) On your SD card, in an "apps" folder on the root, you need WAD Manager 1.3, Custom WAD Manager for IOS16, and the WiiGator Lodaer .3 Gamma with 002 fix. Make sure the *.dol files are named "boot.dol" only.
4) On your SD card, in a "WAD" folder on the root, you will need IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad, and cIOS249r7.wad. These are the hardest files to find. Try searching torrent sites. I got cIOS249r7.wad from a SoftMii torrent.
5) Launch the HBC, run WAD Manager (not the custom one yet), and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad. Reboot.
6) Launch the HBC, run the Custom WAD Manager for IOS16, and install cIOS249r7.wad.wad. Reboot.
7) Launch HBC, run WiiGator.

Now, I want to be able to use the shop again, so I want to upgrade the system to the latest 4.1 System Menu. Going directly from 3.4 to 4.1 (US System), are there any difficulties I should consider? I already have HBC installed and running along with WiiGator's loader, a disk copier/dumper, and some emulators. Those are all I am really interested in using. Will I brick my Wii? Will I have to reinstall anything to continue using HBC or the loader or disk dumper? Thank you for your input!

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From Xzxero's Guide because he is the man with the master plan
smile.gif

Wifi is required for this one however

3] Run Dop-IOS v7

Code:
http://wiibrew.org/w/images/6/6f/Dop_ios_by_marc.zip

Press right until you see IOS53.
Press A to select yes to install and Sig Hash Check.
Press right until you see IOS55.
Press right until you see IOS60.
Press right until you see IOS61.
Press A to select yes to install and no for Sig Hash Check.
Press home to return to HBC.

4] Run 4.1 Updater [this step can be skipped if already on 4.1]
Code:
http://teknoconsolas.tv/wanin/Firmware-Updater_4.1.zip
Press A to intiate the update.

take a look at Xzxero sticky for an offline method if you don't have Wifi

P

porkins

OP
Would I be ok to run the regular Wii updater to upgrade? Or woudl tht brick my console?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
porkins said:
Would I be ok to run the regular Wii updater to upgrade? Or woudl tht brick my console?
we cant tell you yes or no because of all the cIOS and IOS wads youve installed, a nintendo update would be unpredictable.

itd be best to use waninkoko's updater's, in order of course 4.0 then 4.1

P

porkins

OP
Thanks! Would I need to perform any other steps, or just run the 4.0 Firmware Updater, and then the 4.1 Updater?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Anybody here have a Xbox series S and a series X, is the performance difference noticeable? I...