Gaming Oh God, I'm so worried :(

  • Thread starter Thread starter nintendoom
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 4,148
  • Replies Replies 28
I can imagine the return period being a week, (ie. change your mind, return the whole thing still sealed in a week and get a refund). But guarantees are set by the manufacturer; a store can't shorten them!

Must be something out there to help you out, dude. Looks like Mabilouz has done some good homework for you - a starting point. What the store says isn't really relevant - Nintendo will certainly honour the warranty.
 
First Technoworm, Nintendo will NOT brick your system. First of all no flashcard uses this icon. Nintendo sees this think heyyy whassup with it? The least thing you can do is calling them for this situation.

BUT THEY WON'T brick your system! ¬¬
 
muckers said:
I can imagine the return period being a week, (ie. change your mind, return the whole thing still sealed in a week and get a refund). But guarantees are set by the manufacturer; a store can't shorten them!

Must be something out there to help you out, dude. Looks like Mabilouz has done some good homework for you - a starting point. What the store says isn't really relevant - Nintendo will certainly honour the warranty.
I wouldn't be so sure
frown.gif
I did a bit more hunting and came up with a website for one of the distributors which says here on its guarantee page
QUOTENINTENDO WARRANTY LIMITATIONS

8. This warranty is valid in Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia only.
http://www.maxsoftonline.com/support/warranty.html
That is despite the fact that Nintendo list it as the contact point for the Philippines as well some other Asian countries.
Maybe the guarantee he is referring to as coming from Nintendo actually is from the shop he bought it from rather than Nintendo. Unless he gives us more info or some clarification it is hard to know. But either way they are not going to brick his 3DS.
 
I'm pretty sure Nintendo can't brick you, even if you were using a flashcart.
The most that's gonna happen is that you won't be able to trade it in without clearing the history (I'm not really sure how that whole thing works).
 
This thread shows one of the core psychological tendincies which propagate, among other things, pseudoscience, superstition and other unfounded beliefs. It has already been clearly deemed that Nintendo bricking their own devices would be illegal. Yet sensationalistic ideas DIE HARD and so threads and myths about this keep popping up. It only takes a claim to surface ONCE, that logical arguments and evidence will then have a hard time burying it.

IF and I stress, IF your 3DS gets bricked it'll be because the corrupt text was a symptom of failing hardware. It is already taking it to the next level of nonsense, and stripping every last bit of reason, to be concerned about Nintendo bricking your 3DS on piracy grounds when you have never even used a flashcart.

AND, I predict, in the UNFORTUNATE event that your 3DS does break soon, some idiots will be quick to label this as "proof" that Nintendo is bricking 3DSs used for piracy, nevermind the fact that you never used a flashcart. Thankfully small myths like these will die ...relatively quickly. Other, more serious stuff like conspiracies, don't.
 
Don't be dumb. This happened to me and I'm not being a baby.... My animal crossing game card showed up as pixely/random mess. Chill.
 
mabilouz said:
muckers said:
I can imagine the return period being a week, (ie. change your mind, return the whole thing still sealed in a week and get a refund). But guarantees are set by the manufacturer; a store can't shorten them!

Must be something out there to help you out, dude. Looks like Mabilouz has done some good homework for you - a starting point. What the store says isn't really relevant - Nintendo will certainly honour the warranty.
I wouldn't be so sure
frown.gif
I did a bit more hunting and came up with a website for one of the distributors which says here on its guarantee page
QUOTE said:
NINTENDO WARRANTY LIMITATIONS

8. This warranty is valid in Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia only.
http://www.maxsoftonline.com/support/warranty.html
That is despite the fact that Nintendo list it as the contact point for the Philippines as well some other Asian countries.
Maybe the guarantee he is referring to as coming from Nintendo actually is from the shop he bought it from rather than Nintendo. Unless he gives us more info or some clarification it is hard to know. But either way they are not going to brick his 3DS.
the store only gave me a 1 week warranty.
Here's a Picture of the receipt.
I must've understood it wrong, so.. take a look at it.
Picture0003.jpg


EDIT:Here's what it says
1 week warranty for factory defect subject dor testing before replacement, 6 months free service warranty parts not included, any modification will void the warranty
so do I have a one week warranty ot a 6 month warranty?


QUOTE(Melter @ Jun 3 2011, 10:03 PM)
then move to a different country.
what the hell is wrong with you? I'm not a stupid guy who would move to another country just to get a warranty.
 
Look - no need to worry. It's a bug, happened to someone else as well. Nintendo won't block you out of anything by the title/icon of a game in the activity log.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted