Oh God, I'm so worried :(

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by nintendoom, Jun 3, 2011.

1. nintendoom
    OP

nintendoom Nintendoom

Sep 12, 2009
    Viridian City
    After Playing Dragon Quest heroes: Rocket Slime, I checked my play log thing and there, I saw this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It showed up random characters, and a pixelated icon.
    sorry if the pictures aren't that good, taken from a 1.3 megapixeled laptop camera.

I'm just worried what Nintendo might do to my 3DS. I never played any flashcart on my 3DS and the rocket slime game is legit (I don't wanna brick my 3DS. [​IMG])
    so... what should I do? should I delete the game log, so it won't be sent to Nintendo? or what?
    [​IMG]

2. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Why are all you people worrying so much about bricks and such? It has still not happened, and it might NEVER EVER happen! [​IMG]

Also, if you haven't used flashcards, you're safe. Nintendo can't brick people randomly just because of some bug.

3. heartgold

heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 11, 2009
    London
    Relaxs looks like a bug dude

4. nintendoom
    OP

nintendoom Nintendoom

Sep 12, 2009
    Viridian City
    but.. they might think of it as a hack.. [​IMG] and they're gonna brick my 3DS, and ban me from online [​IMG] Noooo!!

5. SamAsh07

SamAsh07 GBAtemp Addict

Jan 27, 2009
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Bahrain
    Bwahah atleast this fear will stop people from using 3DS Flashcarts [​IMG]

On a side note, there's no problem with the log, it just got messed up by some sort of bug.

6. BobTheJoeBob

BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

Aug 2, 2009
    London
    Even if Nintendo do do such a thing, you can just send them an E-Mail or contact them somehow. They can't brick your 3DS because of that, hell, even if you did use a flashcart I doubt they have the authority to brick your 3DS.

7. nintendoom
    OP

nintendoom Nintendoom

Sep 12, 2009
    Viridian City
    We haven't used that gamecard for a long time so I kinda spit [​IMG] on it to make it work [​IMG] . So... did that caused it?

8. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    Relax, you can delete the bugged game icon and play it again.

See what happens after that.

9. nintendoom
    OP

nintendoom Nintendoom

Sep 12, 2009
    Viridian City
    It said, that the data won't be deleted and it will reappear once I used it Again.
    So probably, I'll end up having the same Icon again [​IMG].

10. nintendoom
    OP

nintendoom Nintendoom

Sep 12, 2009
    Viridian City
    And yes, I ended up having the same bugged data log again [​IMG]

EDIT: One thing I'm worried about is the 3DS's warranty. It ended up almost a month ago, and once the June update Bricked my 3DS due to having a bugged up system, I can't replace it for free anymore. [​IMG]

11. Demonstryde

Demonstryde GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2010
    United States
    the 3ds hasent been out for a year yet how could you possible have already gone past your warranty? unless you havent gone onto www.clubnintendo.com and registered your 3ds so you can have the extended 1 yr warranty from nintendo, plus ninty coins fo spending on rewards, such as the nintendo reversible pouch that is now back in stock.

12. nintendoom
    OP

nintendoom Nintendoom

Sep 12, 2009
    Viridian City
    err.. I bought an asian 3DS so It came up without club nintendo codes. And the 3DS's warranty was only for a week [​IMG] .

13. Demonstryde

Demonstryde GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2010
    United States
    the code to register it is the serial number on the back of the system how bout trying before denying

14. muckers

muckers GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2006
    Warwickshire, UK
    Standard manufacturer warranties last 12 months. If it's a genuine fault, Nintendo will repair for free or the retailer will replace the unit.

15. nintendoom
    OP

nintendoom Nintendoom

Sep 12, 2009
    Viridian City
    But the retailers here gave us only a week. They even forced me to read the 1 week warranty rule [​IMG]

16. Demonstryde

Demonstryde GBAtemp Fan

Aug 22, 2010
    United States
    still....i would advise strongly to make a club nintendo account and register it at the www.clubnintendo.com website to get the extended 1 yr warranty. plus it gives you like 300 coins for rewards.and possibly free eshop coins as it did when i registered my dsi

17. nintendoom
    OP

nintendoom Nintendoom

Sep 12, 2009
    Viridian City
    for some unkown reasons, I can't. It says that my serial is invalid.

18. Miss Panda

Miss Panda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2007
    Nintendo in the Philippines gives you a one week guarantee. No way!

19. chris888222

chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Oct 11, 2010
    Senegal
    Asian 3DS warranties are from Singapore, if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway those bugged icons? Maybe they'll fix it in the next update? Or is it a foreign language? Cuz I remember last time my aunt send me a Chinese SMS and all I see are those EXACT SAME icons in your image on my phone.

20. Miss Panda

Miss Panda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 15, 2007
    Right, [​IMG] I had a squiz on the Nintendo site and it came up with four options for Asia,
    Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Korea, stupid me, I never thought about there not being a local hub for the Philippines. I has two distributors listed for there (the same as for Singapore)
    http://www.nintendo.com/corp/distributors.jsp#asia
    But no website, so who covers the guarantees then? They cannot be a week long that would be ridiculous, surely.