Hacking Oh crap I think I messed up my Wii by region changing.

icefox2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I basically screwed now? I didn't know this would happen but here is the rundown of what I did:

- When Starfall first came out it only supported 3.2E(v290) and I wanted to get this program so I used Waninkoko's downgrader and downgraded my 3.2U Wii to 3.2E(v290). I also had Waninkoko's custom IOS installed so that I could use the downgrader.

- After downgrading I installed Starfall and since it had region free capabilities I was able to play my NSTC Wii games fine.

- Today I decided to reformat and before I did (stupidly I don't know why) I uninstalled all the Starfall hacks.

- I reformatted and ended up with 3.3E and now it won't read any of of my disks
hate2.gif
this means I can't run the Twilight Hack meaning I can't get the Homebrew Channel and use the downgrader again.

So what now? Am I stuck with a useless 3.3E Wii that is not able to read any of my games? Is there any way around this or do I have to send it in the Nintendo?

hippyharry

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm,

You dont have a modchip do you?

Shuny said:
You can run the Twilight Hack with a legal copy of TP

Yeah, he has TP, but its the American version he has, but his Wii is now a european version. He cant run his legitimate copy, cos its from a different region.

icefox2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kedest said:
A PAL disc of Twilight Princess should work

yeah but where the hell am I going to get a PAL Twilight Princess disk in Canada? I don't have a modchip either... damn I guess I have to send it in to Nintendo. If i do the advanced repair where they send me a new Wii and I send them the old one I think it should be fine. They will never know the region is changed until they receive it right? And then they can fix it.

0nyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I would tell you to get a modchip and a PAL backup of Zelda TP to install the homebrew channel.

Edit: Thinking of it, you don't even need a PAL backup as a modchip will be able to laucun other regions games.

samsam12

Test
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icefox2 said:
kedest said:
A PAL disc of Twilight Princess should work

yeah but where the hell am I going to get a PAL Twilight Princess disk in Canada? I don't have a modchip either... damn I guess I have to send it in to Nintendo. If i do the advanced repair where they send me a new Wii and I send them the old one I think it should be fine. They will never know the region is changed until they receive it right? And then they can fix it.
just import it.

icefox2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
*sigh* well I guess since I already essentially made my Wii useless I might as well get a modchip to be able to play backups as well. Anyone have that website that tells you which modchip is best for your Wii?

icefox2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
samsam12 said:
modchipcentral.com

Thanks, but I mean the website where you input your Wii serial number and it gives you information on what modchip you should be as well as what your drive chip is currently. I remember there being a site like that before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg