Payne

Always hungry
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Hi

I want to fix original xbox that has hard drive issue. when I turn the system on, the HDD does start as you can hear disc spinning, but screen gives me error code 07 which stands for "no HDD found". I am more than sure that its not fault of ribbon cable as I swapped it with one that I know works for sure, I checked power supply cable of HDD with mutlimeter and showed solid 12 volts (which it is supposed to show exactly that amount), I also visually inspected motherboard and there are is no corrosion or anything amiss with it.

Problem is, I can't slap new HDD to replace broken one, because I need specific HDD key that is unique to every single OG xbox motherboard. to get this key I either need to softmod xbox (which is impossible because HDD does not work), hardmod it (I don't feel like paying $40 on modchip), or to craft EEPROM reader and extract key directly from motherboard (which is what I will end up doing if I can't fix HDD itself)

Is there a way to fix this HDD? maybe it's just matter of fixing header of HDD somehow, or some other trick I don't know

Thanks

View attachment 20240815_142516.mp4

Group statistics

Group owner:
p1ngpong
Members:
Threads:
Photos:

Site & Scene News