Hacking Official Xbox One Retroarch Thread

djinc91

The Canadian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes. It's possible to manually expand it but also possible to create a new XVD (Virtual Drive) and mount it since you can specify size.
Does this mean the XVD would show as an additional HDD on the official file browser? As I don't think RetroArch can see anything higher than it's root folder when using the built in browser, although I haven't tried.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's just a mode where you ride round the level without much objective other then ride. Think it's called free ride or free skate
Most games I have tried run at full speed when there is nothing to interact with. Eg. Smash Bros in target practice mode or 007 Nightfire in a empty room

Last edited by djinc91,
D

Deleted User

Does this mean the XVD would show as an additional HDD on the official file browser? As I don't think RetroArch can see anything higher than it's root folder when using the built in browser, although I haven't tried.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Most games I have tried run at full speed when there is nothing to interact with. Eg. Smash Bros in target practice mode or 007 Nightfire in a empty room
You'd have to manually install it to the new destination but I'll take a look to see if there's an alternative.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
So I have loads of game cube games I wanna test. But some have been converted too work on the Wii with dios mios. Anyone know how I can convert them back to iso?

Shawn ShyGuy

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if it's been up in the thread before, but when I try to load a game, I just get this. Is this because of incompatibility, or am I doing something wrong?
dkdWzze.png

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if it's been up in the thread before, but when I try to load a game, I just get this. Is this because of incompatibility, or am I doing something wrong?
dkdWzze.png

Did you load a game before that? Goto the Xbox Device Portal's File Explorer and see if there's a game in the LocalAppData\Retroarch\LocalState folder if there is delete it and try your other game again ;)
and remember there's a 2gb limit to the size of gme you can play for now. so stick to the smaller wii games and GC game :P

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by dominater01,

Shawn ShyGuy

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
Load the dolphin core or which ever core you want first. Then should be able to find/scan games
I loaded the dolphin core before opening the iso.

Did you load a game before that? Goto the Xbox Device Portal's File Explorer and see if there's a game in the LocalAppData\Retroarch\LocalState folder if there is delete it and try your other game again ;)
and remember there's a 2gb limit to the size of gme you can play for now. so stick to the smaller wii games and GC game :P
I checked, but it's just content_history.lpl, retroarch-core-options.cfg, and retroarch.cfg in there, alongside a bunch of folders. Also, the game is only 1.35GB, so it's not over the file size limit either lol

EDIT: It might actually be the file size. the 1:1 ripped 1.35GB dumps I tried didn't load, but my trimmed dump of Donkey Konga 2 seems to be working fine.

Last edited by Shawn ShyGuy,

djinc91

The Canadian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm bidding on a Xbox One X to see if it would run games any better. I have that Purple Fortnite S but it's still in the box and I'm not sure if I'll open it yet.

djinc91

The Canadian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got an x and was curious if it would help at all. Could do a test on fps on a game on the x and original and see if it's any better?
For me personally it would be interesting to see if any Blue games on the list would turn Green. I mean, most people have a OG or S so that's the true market to get RetroArch working on.

newfreezer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've got an x and was curious if it would help at all. Could do a test on fps on a game on the x and original and see if it's any better?
I tryed some in XoneX. The results dont look different from everybody else, according the sheet. Looks like there's a limitation of hardware use in DEVmode, that is similar in each xbox one model.

Reactions: jammybudga777

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tryed some in XoneX. The results dont look different from everybody else, according the sheet. Looks like there's a limitation of hardware use in DEVmode, that is similar in each xbox one model.
Could you try New Super Mario Bros. Wii and turn on the FPS counter? I'm on a S Console and I'm getting 34-35 FPS
It will be interesting to know what the difference will be between a S an X and we'll find out once and for all if there really is a Dev Mode limit still in place :)
Thanks

newfreezer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could you try New Super Mario Bros. Wii and turn on the FPS counter? I'm on a S Console and I'm getting 34-35 FPS
It will be interesting to know what the difference will be between a S an X and we'll find out once and for all if there really is a Dev Mode limit still in place :)
Thanks
I'll try later at home using FPS counter. But I tryed NSMBW before and dolphin couldn't assign my controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...