Hacking Official "Will Xenoblade Chronicles 3D work on Gateway or Sky?" Thread

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade and Codename Steam absolutely REQUIRE 9.4 minimum. There is no way to run it on 9.0. It attempts to launch the game and the system freezes. The fact you can run it is a mystery >_>

It runs because gateway mode removes the update check when you launch a game

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the firmware spoof applies when you enter emunand or classic mode by default. But if you are on the Gateway menu and you hold "UP" while entering emunand or classic mode, that removes the spoof and you'll be prompted to update your emunand when you launch the game. I also didn't want to deal with the cia files and that's how i updated my emunand earlier using Codename Steam. Maybe you can try on Xenoblade and see if it works for you.

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

D

Deleted-19228

It runs because gateway mode removes the update check when you launch a game

It shouldn't though, the game actually requires newer firmware to function. It's like attempting to boot Pokemon ORAS on 4.5, it doesn't work without some hacky methods. This is the first I've heard of anyone direct launching from <9.4 maybe it didn't launch on 9.0 but launched on 9.2?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't though, the game actually requires newer firmware to function. It's like attempting to boot Pokemon ORAS on 4.5, it doesn't work without some hacky methods. This is the first I've heard of anyone direct launching from <9.4 maybe it didn't launch on 9.0 but launched on 9.2?
The 9.4 update was only bug fixes

I can confirm it launches on 9.0 emunand with firmware spoofing.

D

Deleted-19228

I can confirm on two separate n3DS's that it doesn't work without upgrading emunand to 9.4. When launching it locks the system up completely. This is from 9.0u emunand both normal and classic (using my retail card)

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm on two separate n3DS's that it doesn't work without upgrading emunand to 9.4. When launching it locks the system up completely. This is from 9.0u emunand both normal and classic (using my retail card)

Did you trim or split your rom?

D

Deleted-19228

I did not trim it however it was split (since GW dumper splits >2GB due to fat limitation) and copy /b file1.bin + file2.bin filecomplete.bin it. Really odd. It was both Codename Steam AND Xenoblade. Everything else was fine >_>

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not trim it however it was split (since GW dumper splits >2GB due to fat limitation) and copy /b file1.bin + file2.bin filecomplete.bin it. Really odd. It was both Codename Steam AND Xenoblade. Everything else was fine >_>

My Xenoblade rom is trimmed.

Your the only person so far to post to have issues with the firmware spoofing

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you trim or split your rom?

In my case I launched it both from the cart itself in classic mode and from a trimmed rom (3.55 GB) and an untrimmed rom (4.0 GB). In all three cases the game launched and made it all the way to the main menu were I could navigate the options. I only tried actually starting a new game once, from the cart in classic mode and it proceeded to play the opening movie.

I did not try launching from the original split dump that was created.

All three of us are US members so I assume we all have US consoles. All three of us are on 9.0, I assume all 4 consoles in question are 9.0.0-20U? Not some other off-shoot firmware from a specific launch model?

D

Deleted-19228

Definitely all 20U. I have no clue then. I don't care to reflash emunand to 9.0 to run any tests though :P

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I'm using a US console with the EUR rom (trimmed). I haven't made it to best buy to pick up an actual cart for my collection yet:ha:

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the firmware spoof applies when you enter emunand or classic mode by default. But if you are on the Gateway menu and you hold "UP" while entering emunand or classic mode, that removes the spoof and you'll be prompted to update your emunand when you launch the game. I also didn't want to deal with the cia files and that's how i updated my emunand earlier using Codename Steam. Maybe you can try on Xenoblade and see if it works for you.

That did the trick, emuNAND is now 9.4. Thanks man!

Reactions: dandymanz

Alucardj77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Xenoblade and Codename Steam absolutely REQUIRE 9.4 minimum. There is no way to run it on 9.0. It attempts to launch the game and the system freezes. The fact you can run it is a mystery >_>

i launch XB when it come out(.3ds)with N3DS SYS 9.0 and emunand 9.0 without any problem,i use the EUR version,i don't think you have completely right at this point :)

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i launch XB when it come out(.3ds)with N3DS SYS 9.0 and emunand 9.0 without any problem,i use the EUR version,i don't think you have completely right at this point :)

Normally it shouldn't work as this game needs 9.3 New 3DS NCCH keys.
But GW initialize them on the N3DS even if you are not on 9.3, so it works.
Anyway, amiibos won't work on <9.3

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp