ROM Hack Official translation requests topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan92

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
but, they are translating ragnarok online arnt they? so that means the game is never going to come out in the US?

D

docoweatpie

Game name
Ganbare Goemon: Toukai Douchuu

Release date
June 23, 2005 (JP)

Game info
Genre: Action Adventure
You are Mystical Ninja, the NSA's elite black-ops agent. To achieve your mission you will kill from close range, attack with your combat knife, shoot with the prototype Land Warrior rifle, and use radical suppression techniques such as the inverted neck break. Also take on cooperative multiplayer infiltration missions, where teamwork is the ultimate weapon.

Screenshots
ganbare-goemon-20041013092206973.jpg
ganbare-goemon-20041013092203474.jpg
ganbare-goemon-20041013092207505.jpg

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tinymonkeyt said:
even if its TBA,
that means its gonna come out, they just dont know when
so without a set date, a full out translation still isnt needed
because the translators have other full japanese games to translate
and probably shouldnt waste their time on a game thats gonna be localized anyway
(but maybe a menu/item/weapons translation would be enough)
yup, high chance that phantasy star 0 will be localized.

Zane

Ace Wizard
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I second the Menu trans of Ps0 and i'd agree on the Blazer Drive request aswell, since i have no idea if it will ever be in english. =P

Offtopic, anyone know when Draglade 2 will come to NA\EU?

aznvienna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Please do not make useless replies to this post by saying "Oh yes, I want this translation too" or "Yeah, I second this!"
One request is enough and you're not contributing! And remember that this is just for requesting, small debates are allowed but don't converse here too much, and don't start projects here. If you decide to start a project, create new topic for it!

ragingchaosgod

JUBILEUS QAAL OVOF VOMSARG
Trophies
Website
therokuryu.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Okay. I think I saw someone do this the wrong way so... I shall rectify the situation.

Game name
Blazer Drive

Release date
December 4, 2008

Game info
This is based on a manga released by Sega. Gamespot calls it an action game. I don't know. Anyway, it's about a world powered by things called MyStickers. In this world, there are people called Blazers who can use these MyStickers in battle by placing them on their bodies. Daichi discovers his ability as a Blazer when his brother (Also a Blazer) protects him from a gang of evil Blazers.
Now pulled into the world of Blazers with a rare Electric MySticker from his brother, he has to discover the secret behind the evil Blazers and the team his brother used to be on.
The game itself has a turn based battle system where you choose which MyStickers to equip before the battle.

Screenshots
blazerdrive6.jpg

blazerdrive7.jpg

blazerdrive4.thumbnail.jpg

Your offering
I've been reading the manga so I have some background knowledge of its basis. I'm not too good at graphics for translation but I do have knowledge of Photoshop. If anyone can show me how, I'm sure I can help with the graphics. And... I can also help spellcheck and grammar when someone's done Japanese translations.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It'd be awesome if we had a program just like RagnarokTrans. I want to use something like that to get inside the Phantasy Star Zero JPN text and translate a few menus & items and such. Is it possible for such a program to be made for this game or is the files hard to get into?

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romruto said:
It'd be awesome if we had a program just like RagnarokTrans. I want to use something like that to get inside the Phantasy Star Zero JPN text and translate a few menus & items and such. Is it possible for such a program to be made for this game or is the files hard to get into?
well if you figure out what each byte means, then making a program wouldn't be too hard if you have some programming knowledge.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
psycoblaster said:
Romruto said:
well if you figure out what each byte means, then making a program wouldn't be too hard if you have some programming knowledge.
Very true I may not be knowledgeable towards programming in hexing, however I do have strong points in translation. Although I feel as though you're trying to get somewhere in mockery. In order to prevent the problem, I should just say forget it, I got my answer.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romruto said:
psycoblaster said:
Romruto said:
Very true I may not be knowledgeable towards programming in hexing, however I do have strong points in translation. Although I feel as though you're trying to get somewhere in mockery. In order to prevent the problem, I should just say forget it, I got my answer.
I wasn't mocking you at all. If you have spent more time staring at the values on your hex editor and how these programs operate, you'll figure out what I'm trying to say. Each byte is there for a reason, and you need to know what they are used for to be able to successfully make a program that doesn't ignore every byte and skips strait to the text.
Most of the times, like RO DS, the text file is pretty strait forward - magic stamp, file size/ header size, pointer, then text. However, there are other times when you see extra values, stating the string size, ticks, location, character, the next pointer, or more. Without recalculating all the required values, a program won't be possible.
And by the way,
I've experienced more than you think, and even if my knowledge is nothing compared to darthnemesis/KC/hernanzh etc, I know what I'm talking about.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Roffamaffia said:
Phantasy Star 0 , but this is not going to be easy to hack....

QUOTEThis topic will be official place for requesting translations, all new threads will be closed so this section could be kept clean and actual projects aren't pushed to the second page by requests. Obviously, if there is a translation project already in progress please don't make a request here. If the game has a very high chance of being localized please don't make a request here. If you're not going to use the template (provided below) please don't make a request here. The last two in particular apply to all areas of the site and not just this thread. Check HERE to see whether the game you want translated is already in progress.

Glacius0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ragingchaosgod said:
Okay. I think I saw someone do this the wrong way so... I shall rectify the situation.

Game name
Blazer Drive

Release date
December 4, 2008

Game info
This is based on a manga released by Sega. Gamespot calls it an action game. I don't know. Anyway, it's about a world powered by things called MyStickers. In this world, there are people called Blazers who can use these MyStickers in battle by placing them on their bodies. Daichi discovers his ability as a Blazer when his brother (Also a Blazer) protects him from a gang of evil Blazers.
Now pulled into the world of Blazers with a rare Electric MySticker from his brother, he has to discover the secret behind the evil Blazers and the team his brother used to be on.
The game itself has a turn based battle system where you choose which MyStickers to equip before the battle.

Screenshots
blazerdrive6.jpg

blazerdrive7.jpg

blazerdrive4.thumbnail.jpg

Your offering
I've been reading the manga so I have some background knowledge of its basis. I'm not too good at graphics for translation but I do have knowledge of Photoshop. If anyone can show me how, I'm sure I can help with the graphics. And... I can also help spellcheck and grammar when someone's done Japanese translations.
I would be willing to translate the game. I have extensive knowledge of Japanese. Find me someone that outputs/inputs the text and I'll do it. I'll translate the tutorials, stickers, and maybe also the story up until chapter 3 where you unlock the online wi-fi battle mode (stupid that you have to unlock it, I know.. maybe I'll upload my savegame later so you can try it)

I'm currently playing the game. The story-mode is kind of boring in that it's just a bunch of fetch-quests that lead you to the next battle, but the graphics are very nice and the battles are awesome (which is what it's all about, really). It has a very deep combat system which I think would appeal to a lot of people. This game got a really good score in famitsu (8/9/8/9 I think), and it definitely deserves it. I'll try to explain the battle system a little.

You have 2 arms, both which can hold up to 4 stickers. You build a deck of 24 stickers which you go into battle with. Each turn you can apply 1 sticker to each hand and then you can choose to attack once. The other arm can be used to block the opponents attack. The stickers range from defensive, to offensive, to special abilities that affect your opponent. Every sticker has one of 5 elements. Also, some stickers get more power if you use a lot of the same element. In short, lots of strategy.

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone interested in a monster farm DS 2 translation?

QUOTE said:
(previousy posted by me)#2551: Monster Farm DS 2 Yomigaeru Master Breeder Densetsu

Release Date: August 2008

Genre: Monster Raising/battleing

http://ds.ign.com/objects/142/14259733.html

All im looking for is an English Menu translation of most if not all menus if possible.

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
This whole thread is useless...Nothing has been translated because of your requests.
The real purpose of this thread is to prevent a bunch of separate request threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte