Homebrew WIP [Official] switch-lan-play

lil-devil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Dear all, I am little noob here ,from what I understand if I used one of the available servers I will be able to play online with lan play ,but when I connect my switch to pc and internet works ,I try to enter a game like Splatoon 2 and try to find a lan game but I cant find any room.
chances are there isn't anybody playing.

there isn't a ton of people that are playing and the best way to get people is to jump onto the discord server

Iraito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was interested to play dragon marked for death with a friend, he has non-hacked switch while mine is hacked, do we both need to set the switch as in the guide ? are we forced to use the discord channel ? is the game even compatible with this method ? can my friend get banned ?

I'm asking mostly for him since he doesn't really like hacking his consoles and i don't want him to get banned.

UserlsMyName

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will it block communications with nintendo (like 90dns) and will it get me banned

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What error logs are you talking about? There is no error created by playing Lan.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I use 90DNS (to block nintendo) while at the same time using this software to play Lan online, so its completly possible to block Nintendo altogether and play using this software.
HOW ???

Homlet

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I were to setup my own server, I imagine the IP it would use would be my actual IP right? I know Hamachi gives a virtual IP but I'm assuming it's not the case here. I'd like to have a reliable server, but I'm not sure I want to give my IP to random people from discord. Would there be a way to hide it somehow. I don't want to get a VPS but would a VPN work?

Last edited by Homlet,

lil-devil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If I were to setup my own server, I imagine the IP it would use would be my actual IP right? I know Hamachi gives a virtual IP but I'm assuming it's not the case here. I'd like to have a reliable server, but I'm sure I want to give my IP to random people from discord. Would there be a way to hide it somehow. I don't want to get a VPS but would a VPN work?
Nope you would have to give them your IP. Even with a ddns, people can still figure out your IP with it.

Get a vps if you wantb to be safe.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Am i correct that this standalone doesn't work with Animal Crossing and needs ldn_mitm? So it's not possible to play with unhacked switches via this app, am i right?

MrAttraction

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to setup lan play for the first time but I always get error 2110-3127 (Could not perform DNS name resolution)
when I try to connect my switch to internet, already attempted using Google DNS, 90DNS... nothing works at all.
Anyone knows how to fix this?

Last edited by MrAttraction,

jasonhk

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I'm trying to setup lan play for the first time but I always get error 2110-3127 (Could not perform DNS name resolution)
when I try to connect my switch to internet, already attempted using Google DNS, 90DNS... nothing works at all.
um, double check all steps.
PC open lan play and select server first.
Switch connect wifi and change IP/gateway setting.
The switch could be access the internet throught PC software.
(The switch wifi should be connect normal wifi, one of my fd used a home guest wifi, that's why he cannot access the private local IP.)

lil-devil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
also if you haven't tried, run the lan play client as admin

falcorr

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having issues. I'm trying to get Animal Crossing: NH going. Me and a friend can get to the point we select to travel to one another's island but then we're hit with a connection issue error at the passenger information + dodo-flying-animation screens. Guessing, I assume part of the connection is working but part isn't, e.g. like a port is open / forwarded but another isn't. I'm just dealing with 11451 TCP & UDP, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo