Hacking RELEASE [Official] ReiNX thread [DEAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I updated my Switch to 6.0 firmware, the nsp games work well with reinx 1.6, but when I put the console in suspended mode, and then I press the home button to go back to the system, it does not work, it's as if the joycon were not synchronizing with the console, the only way I found is to press the power button for 10 seconds and turn on the console again. This situation only happens when I injected the payload and loaded reinx, if I did not inject the payload the suspension mode works well, maybe do you know what can be happending?
Sleep mode on ReiNX V1.6 is not supported on firmware 6.0. This is why you don't preemptively update to a new firmware until its fully confirmed working...

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I updated my Switch to 6.0 firmware, the nsp games work well with reinx 1.6, but when I put the console in suspended mode, and then I press the home button to go back to the system, it does not work, it's as if the joycon were not synchronizing with the console, the only way I found is to press the power button for 10 seconds and turn on the console again. This situation only happens when I injected the payload and loaded reinx, if I did not inject the payload the suspension mode works well, maybe do you know what can be happending?

Use the latest files (nightlies) Or roll back to 5.1. 6.0 isnt properly supported

edit: :ninja:'d

Last edited by Adran_Marit,
Reactions: Gueritox

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible to hide the verbose boot?
e.g.
my switch pushes the payload, instant flash of the splash screen; then can see various modules loading, then my splash screen in full..

is it possible to go straight to splash?

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just asking, if i have a nps instal via sx, i can still use it on this cfw?

Can confirm that this works fine. I just switched to ReiNX after having used SX for awhile and I have lots of installed NSP games and they all still work.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Please don't bump yourself, but no. ReiNX isn't alone with this. All homebrew have problems with exfat. SXOS, Raj, Hekate. The card can get corrupted because of the homebrew.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
exFAT has always caused corruption, it is just that people have only recently started to take notice of it.

Using FAT32 is recommended. You can install 4GB+ .nsp games using Tinfoil's network install function, and .xci files can be split.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
From a Reddit user summarizing exFAT quite nicely:
kamikazekeyserTelevision & Film Avid/Premiere 7 points 1 year ago

ExFat is optimised for solid state, not spinning disks.

There's no journaling, so any interruption during data transfer often results in corruption and data loss.
So it's necessary for the homebrews to be sure not to write anything while the switch is being turned off for example.

Fat32 is also corruptable. It doesn't have a journaling system either. This is why it's so important to do a proper eject on your PC for example if you wanna remove the sd card.

Blaze9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
From a Reddit user summarizing exFAT quite nicely:

So it's necessary for the homebrews to be sure not to write anything while the switch is being turned off for example.

Fat32 is also corruptable. It doesn't have a journaling system either. This is why it's so important to do a proper eject on your PC for example if you wanna remove the sd card.
So simply put...i need to eject sd card with care right?

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No, it has been demonstrated to happen wih general usage. Though it is more prone to happen when closing applications.

Naguz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No, it has been demonstrated to happen wih general usage. Though it is more prone to happen when closing applications.
I have noticed HB applications that force closes seems to be the worst. Probably leaves some file allocations or other stuff hanging, I've never had it happen just booting and running already installed official nsps.
If network installs with tinfoil weren't unbearably slow, I'd just use Fat32. Hopefully tinfoil will add a possibility to install from external usb device sooner or later.

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

Didn't know if ReiNX offer 6.0 support, but if you say that are joycons problem, it's possible that Ninty update the joycons firmware too (yes, the joycons have his own firmware) with the v6.0 to enable some things for the new online service (the led on home button for example), try to update your joycons firmware on controller settings.

meohsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know if ReiNX offer 6.0 support, but if you say that are joycons problem, it's possible that Ninty update the joycons firmware too (yes, the joycons have his own firmware) with the v6.0 to enable some things for the new online service (the led on home button for example), try to update your joycons firmware on controller settings.

They did infact release a joycon update tonight.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you update that if you can’t go online because you don’t want bans?

Chocola

GBAtemp Meowgular
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
I always think that joycons firmware update are on console firmware because I guess do it on air plain mode, but now idk if it's online or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Uncensored patch for Barbie games?