Status
Not open for further replies.

Exagod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I started from scratch with a Windows PC. 0 problem, everything works flawlessly.

Mac OS really was messing with my files

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
So, I decided to format back to Fat32, with ChoidujourNX I checked to see if the exfat update had been removed but to my surprise it had not. The app passed all the checks with the files. I don't know what could have gone wrong.

This time I decided to go back to reinx 1.2 and fat32 and it is working normally.

I might try to check back on a different day what is happening. I also saw that write speeds on the computer with exfat seemed to be very slow. Slower than Fat32. Micro sd card is a SanDisk ultra class 10, 80 mb/s card. In fat 32 when backing up the nand files it went like 54Mb/s. Whereas with exfat when moving 200Mb+ files it only went 15 Mb/s max speed, and in some occasions it showed as in Kb/s.

xx_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Also, how does the toolkit determine what ReiNX is currently installed? It just tried to download an update even though I'm already on 1.6.
Not a big deal normally, except now the files became corupted. Hope the SD card corruption problem is fixed soon.
There's currently no version checking before updating, but this will be added in one of the newer nightlies.

As a fair warning for now, if you're using exfat, you might not want to use the built in shutdown/reboot options, I'm not 100% but it might make the risk of corruption bigger. Instead, safely back out (using B, not the home button), and use HOS' reboot or shutdown options.

Reactions: tiliarou

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I bet it wont happen anytime soon.

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is a working XCI installer still being developed (not affiliated with Rei, but will most likely work in Reinx)

shyney

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi can someone please help me disabling the Cartridge when booting to ReiNX? I've placed a file named "nogc" in the ReiNX folder but when I boot to ReiNX the Cartridge is still enabled and I can use Game Cards normally.
I'm using ReiNX 1.6 and FW 3.0.0.
I wanted to test this option before updating to 5.1.0 without burning the fuses to be sure I've set it right. But unfortunately it seems not to work.

Last edited by shyney,

chippy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Isn't the default pack have this file already and if you want the game cart slot you wore to remove it?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi can someone please help me disabling the Cartridge when booting to ReiNX? I've placed a file named "nogc" in the ReiNX folder but when I boot to ReiNX the Cartridge is still enabled and I can use Game Cards normally.
I'm using ReiNX 1.6 and FW 3.0.0.
I wanted to test this option before updating to 5.1.0 without burning the fuses to be sure I've set it right. But unfortunately it seems not to work.
My understanding is the nogc patch merely prevents the cartridge slot from being updated; it doesn't stop it from functioning if using a compatible system version.

Reactions: XaneTenshi

Blaze9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Myanmar (Burma)
The main concern using REI is the jig...knowing myself i cant make 1 myself and 3d printing is even harder

Gueritox

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, I updated my Switch to 6.0 firmware, the nsp games work well with reinx 1.6, but when I put the console in suspended mode, and then I press the home button to go back to the system, it does not work, it's as if the joycon were not synchronizing with the console, the only way I found is to press the power button for 10 seconds and turn on the console again. This situation only happens when I injected the payload and loaded reinx, if I did not inject the payload the suspension mode works well, maybe do you know what can be happending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye