Status
Not open for further replies.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I just spent hours and hours trying to instal some .nsp updates with tinfoil without success. And everytime I do, it breaks the base game.

So after reading a bit, seems like you can't (?) use tinfoil to instal updates and DLC and you need DevMenu, is that right ?
If so, could you point me to the steps needed to achieve this ?

Thanks

are you using an old version of tinfoil cause it's been able to install updates and dlc for ages now

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

are you using an old version of tinfoil cause it's been able to install updates and dlc for ages now

get the latest version HERE

If you are getting an error code, check HERE

Exagod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the fast replies.

Yes AFAIK I have a recent tinfoil version : 0.2.1 (grabbed it on bsnx.lavatech.top/tinfoil/ yesterday).
-----

While typing this post, I tried another update .nsp file for another game and it... worked (?) not sure why it did this time as I still have the same reinx and tinfoil files.
The only difference in the update is the file name. (?)
I couldn't believe it so I deleted the game and the common ticket and installed the game again then the update and it works...
EDIT : also installed a DLC for the game and it works too

----

Anyway, so now the game is updated (says Ver. 1.0.1) but it still ask me for an update before launching...
How do I check what's the latest software update for a game ?

Also, any way to disable the update pop up before launching a game ? (Switch is in airplane mode since I installed Reinx)

Last edited by Exagod,

xitpu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have Switch 3.0.1,
when I try to install using tinfoil (2018-09-22) I have all times (with games that requires > 3.0.1) this error:

Failed to install NSP!
OpenFileSystemWithId:.......cbnt.nca is corrupt! You may have a bad dump, or fs_mint may need to be removed...Error Code 0x00236e02
that means:
Latest masterkey needed. Update using ChoiDujourNX
NOTE: Can also be caused by a bad NSP or FS_Mitm

Anyway I read that a lot of the games I tryed should works with firmware 3.0.1
Maybe the problem is fs_mitm.kip ? I try to remove it but the errore are still here

Before installing Reinx, I had tumGER/SDFilesSwitch 8.1 files in my SD, then I follow the official guide
Should I start again and remove the SDFilesSwitch files?

As I read in previous page, I try to use fs_mitm from your 1.2 package, but In this way the Switch screen is always black
In previous page a user talk about LFS files in /ReiNX/titles...is the 010000000000100D folder?

Thanks!

Last edited by xitpu,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello,
I have Switch 3.0.1,
when I try to install using tinfoil (2018-09-22) I have all times (with games that requires > 3.0.1) this error:

Failed to install NSP!
OpenFileSystemWithId:.......cbnt.nca is corrupt! You may have a bad dump, or fs_mint may need to be removed...Error Code 0x00236e02
that means:

Anyway I read that a lot of the games I tryed should works with firmware 3.0.1
Maybe the problem is fs_mitm.kip ? I try to remove it but the errore are still here

Before installing Reinx, I had tumGER/SDFilesSwitch 8.1 files in my SD, then I follow the official guide
Should I start again and remove the SDFilesSwitch files?

As I read in previous page, I try to use fs_mitm from your 1.2 package, but In this way the Switch screen is always black
In previous page a user talk about LFS files in /ReiNX/titles...is the 010000000000100D folder?

Thanks!

Error Code 0x00236e02
Latest masterkey needed. Update using ChoiDujourNX :arrow: Here

Did you follow the guide I had linked to choidujourNX? Try that then see if the error is gone

alot of games are made using a newer SDK (using a newer masterkey) ergo the latest master key needed, which you get from updating

FS_Mitm.kip is broken on 3.x.x firmwares

the tiles\100D folder is needed for the HB launcher

Last edited by Adran_Marit,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the fast replies.

Yes AFAIK I have a recent tinfoil version : 0.2.1 (grabbed it on bsnx.lavatech.top/tinfoil/ yesterday).
-----

While typing this post, I tried another update .nsp file for another game and it... worked (?) not sure why it did this time as I still have the same reinx and tinfoil files.
The only difference in the update is the file name. (?)
I couldn't believe it so I deleted the game and the common ticket and installed the game again then the update and it works...
EDIT : also installed a DLC for the game and it works too

----

Anyway, so now the game is updated (says Ver. 1.0.1) but it still ask me for an update before launching...
How do I check what's the latest software update for a game ?

Also, any way to disable the update pop up before launching a game ? (Switch is in airplane mode since I installed Reinx)

make sure you have the latest update nsp for the game? Also glad you got it working :)

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed that at least older versions of tinfoil have issues with filenames, and sometimes gets an off-by-one issue where you will pick an item from the list, but it processes the next NSP in the list instead.

This was with an older (but serviceable) version of tinfoil, so I am not so quick to report it-- but still.

A good rule I have taken to is to have only a minimal number of NSPs in the NSP folder, and to keep the file names short but accurate.

xitpu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Error Code 0x00236e02

Did you follow the guide I had linked to choidujourNX? Try that then see if the error is gone

alot of games are made using a newer SDK (using a newer masterkey) ergo the latest master key needed, which you get from updating

FS_Mitm.kip is broken on 3.x.x firmwares

the tiles\100D folder is needed for the HB launcher

Thanks for answer
Still I dont update to fw > 3.0.1, I hope for a permanent hack so I try to stay on lower. I use choidujourNX to update to the same 3.0.1 exFat version with autoRCM

What you means with FS_Mitm.kip is broken, what I should do?

Yes, I understand that 010000000000100D is the HB launcer....
In post #1547 Reisyukaku talk about to be sure to have the LFS files in /ReiNX/titles .. is the 010000000000100D folder or is something I miss?

(sorry for bad english!!)

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for answer
Still I dont update to fw > 3.0.1, I hope for a permanent hack so I try to stay on lower. I use choidujourNX to update to the same 3.0.1 exFat version with autoRCM

What you means with FS_Mitm.kip is broken, what I should do?

Yes, I understand that 010000000000100D is the HB launcer....
In post #1547 Reisyukaku talk about to be sure to have the LFS files in /ReiNX/titles .. is the 010000000000100D folder or is something I miss?

(sorry for bad english!!)

Using Choidujour NX + Auto RCM you are able to upgrade to 5.1 (recommended) but still able to downgrade in future
you need to always use autoRCM though if you do this

I don't know much about layered fs but basically you need the title id of the folder with the LFS Files (for example; Pokemon Quest and it has the devmenu files inside)

so you would have another folder next to the 100D folder with titleid of the game again pokemon quest as the example has the title id of 01005D100807A000

so you would have the \titles\100D folder and \titles\A000 folder

LhjZV6Z.png

LhjZV6Z

Last edited by Adran_Marit,

xitpu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks.
Should the ..100D folder (and other folders) go into SD Card -> ReiNX -> titles ?

Where I should get or create LFS Files inside the title id folder?

Exagod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a few questions :

- Does it matter what order you instal .nsp files ? Can you install an update first and then the game ?

- If I want to upgrade my sdcard from a 64GB to a 128GB, can I simply copy and paste the whole content on it ? My games are installed on the sdcard.

- Anyway to disable the update popup when launching a game ?

Thanks

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- Does it matter what order you instal .nsp files ? Can you install an update first and then the game ?
No. Yes. In that order.

- If I want to upgrade my sdcard from a 64GB to a 128GB, can I simply copy and paste the whole content on it ? My games are installed on the sdcard.
Yes

Exagod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm getting an error when trying to update ReiNX with the ReiNX Toolkit

Error Code: 2011-0301
An error has occurred.

Please press the POWER button and restart the console. Blablabla..

Exagod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another error I'm getting is when I install a game I used to play before unlinking my Nintendo Account

"There is a possibility that the Nintendo Account used to purchase this software has been unlinked or that this console is no longer...blablabla..
Connect to the internet to check whether this software can be played?"

I don't want to link again my nintendo account, how do I bypass this ?
AFAIK I already had delete the Common ticket for this game with Tinfoil before installing it again with a .nsp file

Edit : also happened with a game I didn't previously own, so I guess it's not related to the fact that I previously owned or not the game. Maybe I just got a bad file with no ticket ?? Weird

Edit 2 : Wow, something bad happened for no apparent reason, I can't launch any game anymore while it was working a few hours ago ! ("The software was closed because an error occured.")
I didn't change anything, that's really weird. Is that because I'm using Mac OS to manage my sdcard ? Damn this is frustrating !

Last edited by Exagod,

Naguz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Also, how does the toolkit determine what ReiNX is currently installed? It just tried to download an update even though I'm already on 1.6.
Not a big deal normally, except now the files became corupted. Hope the SD card corruption problem is fixed soon.

Last edited by Naguz,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm getting an error when trying to update ReiNX with the ReiNX Toolkit

Error Code: 2011-0301
An error has occurred.

Please press the POWER button and restart the console. Blablabla..
Another error I'm getting is when I install a game I used to play before unlinking my Nintendo Account

"There is a possibility that the Nintendo Account used to purchase this software has been unlinked or that this console is no longer...blablabla..
Connect to the internet to check whether this software can be played?"

I don't want to link again my nintendo account, how do I bypass this ?
AFAIK I already had delete the Common ticket for this game with Tinfoil before installing it again with a .nsp file

Edit : also happened with a game I didn't previously own, so I guess it's not related to the fact that I previously owned or not the game. Maybe I just got a bad file with no ticket ?? Weird

Edit 2 : Wow, something bad happened for no apparent reason, I can't launch any game anymore while it was working a few hours ago ! ("The software was closed because an error occured.")
I didn't change anything, that's really weird. Is that because I'm using Mac OS to manage my sdcard ? Damn this is frustrating !

No idea on either of those sorry, have you tried asking in the discord?

Also, how does the toolkit determine what ReiNX is currently installed? It just tried to download an update even though I'm already on 1.6.
Not a big deal normally, except now the files became corupted. Hope the SD card corruption problem is fixed soon.

they're working on the corruption issue, I assuming the toolkit searches the website the newest nightly files but I could be wrong, best bet would be ask rei or one of the other devs that worked on it in the discord

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
So, i installed the exfat update for FW 4.1. Checked in horizon, everything going well. I format sd card to exfat, update payload and folders for reinx 1.6 (before using 1.2) and when starting the CFW does not start, it goes into horizon, and now horizon says exfat update is needed. Wait what? I just installed exfat update.

Gonna investigate a bit more but not liking it

shchmue

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i installed the exfat update for FW 4.1. Checked in horizon, everything going well. I format sd card to exfat, update payload and folders for reinx 1.6 (before using 1.2) and when starting the CFW does not start, it goes into horizon, and now horizon says exfat update is needed. Wait what? I just installed exfat update.

Gonna investigate a bit more but not liking it
what method did you use to install the exFAT update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu