Hacking RELEASE [Official] ReiNX thread [DEAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, so I can update my switch to the latest fw before doing ReiNX? and regarding (as long as your console's hardware is not patched which shouldn't be the case assuming you have a 3.0 Switch), how to identify a console that isn't hardware patched? well so I can prevent buying another switch that is hardware patched. TIA.
You can use this thread to identify if the hardware is patched or not. As for updating to the latest firmware, you can do that but I would recommend using this tool to do so as it lets you update without burning fuses. Fuses are literal microscopic eFuses embedded into your console that are burnt to prevent downgrades. Keeping the fuses for a 3.0 console means you might be able to take advantage of a future warmboot exploit that doesn't use a jig or USB cable which is needed for the current exploit that works on all firmwares.

Reactions: Khim09

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use this thread to identify if the hardware is patched or not. As for updating to the latest firmware, you can do that but I would recommend using this tool to do so as it lets you update without burning fuses. Fuses are literal microscopic eFuses embedded into your console that are burnt to prevent downgrades. Keeping the fuses for a 3.0 console means you might be able to take advantage of a future warmboot exploit that doesn't use a jig or USB cable which is needed for the current exploit that works on all firmwares.

Thanks so much, I need to learn more first before proceeding. Cheers.

Reactions: Draxzelex

macia10

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
any way to get sys-netcheat working on rei? When I add it to sysmodules dir it hangs on switch logo.

aGen4er

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello this might have been answered before but whenever I completely power off my switch the homebrew channel is gone is it a common problem ?

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hello this might have been answered before but whenever I completely power off my switch the homebrew channel is gone is it a common problem ?
...Completely powering off your system erases the CFW...meaning you'l have to enter RCM and inject the payload again

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
The jailbreak we have for the Switch is not permanent just yet. Like aforementioned, you would have to re-trigger the exploit again by re-injecting the payload if you had it turned off.

WD_GASTER2

Hated by life itself.
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello, sorry if im asking something that has been solved...
I am on 3.0.1 and get a blue screen after the splash. any suggestions?

thanks

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm on 3.0.2, using the reifiles from the new sd files website (where you chose from a bunch of homebrew and cfw files)
I'm using recardo to boot reinx.bin, getting up to the splash screen, then the screen goes dark (with background light on) and then goes out completely.

here's my reinx folder, am i missing something?

Attachments

• ReiNX.zip
    900 KB · Views: 159

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm on 3.0.2, using the reifiles from the new sd files website (where you chose from a bunch of homebrew and cfw files)
I'm using recardo to boot reinx.bin, getting up to the splash screen, then the screen goes dark (with background light on) and then goes out completely.

here's my reinx folder, am i missing something?

I had been injecting the ReiNX payload via TegraRCMGUI, I never had problem with it. Right now, I'm using the latest version of Hekate as a bootloader and then consequently running ReiNX with it, still working smoothly with TegraRCMGUI.

The download the files from this YouTube video if you're interested:

Last edited by Dothackjhe,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had been injecting the ReiNX payload via TegraRCMGUI, I never had problem with it. Right now, I'm using the latest version of Hekate as a bootloader and then consequently running ReiNX with it, still working smoothly with TegraRCMGUI.

The download the files from this YouTube video if you're interested:

I don't think recardo is the issue.
It boots hekate no problem and hekate has the same issue, it shows that boot screen with the text, the splash screen, 3 seconds of black screen and then turns off entirely.

I tried again with the sdfiles from tumger, booting Rei from hekate, same issue.

gt10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
i had the same problem.
latest working version is with meteos stash 2.2
with new clear install of newest version from discord it goes to black screen.
but when i leave the old files from v2.2 on the sd card and just overwrite with the newest files it works.
there must be one ore more files from the v2.2 that seems to be needed to start the cfw successfully.

my fw is 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol