Status
Not open for further replies.

sammycat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted my SD card to ExFAT but whenever I launched the album it says there is nothing under the /switch folder. If I go back to the FAT32 it works. Can someone help? thanks.

D

Deleted User

New Tool?
ovLlVu42CmCCeRRY0wAReDAE6pbI1fink84YphL2g2c.jpg

mhayquel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi, currently im on 4.10, is it possible to play nsp games requiring 5.10 firmware? everytime i tried to install the game using tinfoil, i got an error code of 0x0023. Thanks in advance.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can fool 5.1 games into installing on 5.0 at best, so you need to update from 4.1 if you want to play these games. Make a full NAND backup and use ChoiDujourNX to update, as long as you don't mind autoRCM, and you can still restore to 4.1 in the future.

Last edited by Rahkeesh,
Reactions: thorasgar

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, currently im on 4.10, is it possible to play nsp games requiring 5.10 firmware? everytime i tried to install the game using tinfoil, i got an error code of 0x0023. Thanks in advance.
Possibly. Are you using the latest Tinfoil to install games? It has an option to ignore friemware requirement. Heard it doesn’t work with all games.

Consider updating to 5.1 with choidujourNX without burning fuses so you can downgrade later if you want.

mhayquel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You can fool 5.1 games into installing on 5.0 at best, so you need to update from 4.1 if you want to play these games. Make a full NAND backup and use ChoiDujourNX to update, as long as you don't mind autoRCM, and you can still restore to 4.1 in the future.
yaps, i think that's the only way i can play latest games. thank

hehk1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Reisyukaku First, thanks for your work in this switch scene, I'm your fan since 3ds. I feel little issue on battery usage, on hekate with homebrews (around 30 minutes) it drains 100% - 92%, with reinx it goes 100% - 86%, I test 4 times, I believe something on kernel patch you apply drains battery fast, but with your modification I feel more free. And one question, your next step is apply permanent cfw software for switch ? Something like luma3ds ? Thank you sir.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unable to play my physical games is this normal?

It's the nogc patch.

If you used ChoiDujourNX to update from < 4.0 to 4.0+, you might want this to prevent your gamecard slot from burning fuses, if you ever wanted to restore to firmware < 4.0 at some point. Tradeoff is that gamecards are unusable.

If you don't need/want this, delete the "nogc" file somewhere in the reinx folder on your SD card.

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello Good day. I am new to switch. In order to cfw a switch, my console should be ≤3.0.0 yeah?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Good day. I am new to switch. In order to cfw a switch, my console should be ≤3.0.0 yeah?
The exploit used to load ReiNX works on all and future firmwares (as long as your console's hardware is not patched which shouldn't be the case assuming you have a 3.0 Switch). The only firmware that doesn't cooperate so well is 1.0 and that is mostly because Tinfoil, the homebrew app used to install NSP files aka backups, does not work on this firmware.

Reactions: Khim09

Khim09

Trophies
XP
Country
The exploit used to load ReiNX works on all and future firmwares (as long as your console's hardware is not patched which shouldn't be the case assuming you have a 3.0 Switch). The only firmware that doesn't cooperate so well is 1.0 and that is mostly because Tinfoil, the homebrew app used to install NSP files aka backups, does not work on this firmware.

Thanks, so I can update my switch to the latest fw before doing ReiNX? and regarding (as long as your console's hardware is not patched which shouldn't be the case assuming you have a 3.0 Switch), how to identify a console that isn't hardware patched? well so I can prevent buying another switch that is hardware patched. TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: its where the song was found lmao.