Status
Not open for further replies.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it normal, that when i plug in my switch to windows usb, using ReiNx, its losing charge very fast? (My mainboard has a charger function and provides usually enogh currency)
I wouldn't expect a computer USB to provide enough power to keep the Switch fully charged while in use. Does it do so when you boot the Switch normally, no CFW?

Crashdummyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is it normal, that when i plug in my switch to windows usb, using ReiNx, its losing charge very fast? (My mainboard has a charger function and provides usually enogh currency)
Don't forget that the output of the current is limited.
With your "Charging-Feature" you will most likely produce about 900mA, while you could achieve about 1,5A with a real ChargingUnit

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Well, could you maybe halt all reads and writes, so basically pause the system, until the SD card is re-inserted? Maybe even have a small app which does flush all pending writes before so that modifications done externally would not cause problems. However, I am not really sure how exfat works exactly. If it does delete stuff even when you only add stuff, you might still be screwed.

I believe it's because of the sigpatches.
Many users reported the same issue with sx os.
It looks like sigpatches are constantly running in the system memory in the CFW.

pworld

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
It looks like sigpatches are constantly running in the system memory in the CFW.
Why would sigpatches need to constantly write to the SD card? That doesn't make any sense to me

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
You mean RAM or NAND? But in either why, why would this affect any kind of SD card removal/halting strategy?

I'm not talking about SD card removal but battery draining.
The constant use of RAM while CFW is running is likely to cause this no?

pworld

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'm not talking about SD card removal but battery draining.
The constant use of RAM while CFW is running is likely to cause this no?
Ah sorry, then we were talking about completely different things. I am not sure how often the values are written, if they are written very often it could cause some battery drain, but I would guess that while the system is asleep, no writes should happen anyway.

Reactions: Zumoly

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Ah sorry, then we were talking about completely different things. I am not sure how often the values are written, if they are written very often it could cause some battery drain, but I would guess that while the system is asleep, no writes should happen anyway.
Actually I am the one who should apologize because I quoted the wrong message.
Sorry about that.
Please see below.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually I am the one who should apologize because I quoted the wrong message.
Sorry about that.
Please see below.

The sig patches are not something that "runs", they are memory patches applied during boot, and only "run" when the code they patch is run.

Reactions: Quantumcat

benjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I wouldn't expect a computer USB to provide enough power to keep the Switch fully charged while in use. Does it do so when you boot the Switch normally, no CFW?

Not while playing, while it is in sleep mode. Its not doing that if i boot without ReiNX. Also gets hot. Some shit is going on their.

Last edited by benjo,

Ziefer846

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting black screen (forced to restart) after trying to install NSPs with ReiNX on 4.1.0. Don't have this issue with RajNX. Any suggestions?

Peace_toker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand won't be feasible for a majority of users unless we can limit the size of the emulated user space. The 3DS had like a 2gb NAND that we could emulate easily. The Switch by default has a 32gb NAND comprised of the internal storage. The largest sd card I have is a 32gb card which due to manufacturer specs is probably still too small for a proper switch emunand plus the usual files needed. Truth be told, the switch os is like 400mb (I'd imagine the 3ds was maybe 60mb) so if we can get it to dynamically allocate space as needed, instead of set limits then sure, not only would it be feasible but I would be all for it. Thing is I have no idea what kind of limits we have on what type of filesystem attributes we can implement or whatever other roadblocks there may be. I am willing to bet atmosphere will have a clever solution to this issue and that we'll see it in action, but to keep saying that Rei or Raj or whoever should prioritize it is a bit silly. They could also build a lego death star and I think that would be equally as cool and irrelevant to the current switch situation but the death star would probably take a lot less time to build. All I'm really saying is let's get other things stable, fully featured, and completely idiot-proof before asking for the big stuff. (Personally, I'm still looking forward to xci loading, but I can wait as long as it takes... Maybe.)

Reactions: keven3477

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Emunand won't be feasible for a majority of users unless we can limit the size of the emulated user space. The 3DS had like a 2gb NAND that we could emulate easily. The Switch by default has a 32gb NAND comprised of the internal storage. The largest sd card I have is a 32gb card which due to manufacturer specs is probably still too small for a proper switch emunand plus the usual files needed. Truth be told, the switch os is like 400mb (I'd imagine the 3ds was maybe 60mb) so if we can get it to dynamically allocate space as needed, instead of set limits then sure, not only would it be feasible but I would be all for it. Thing is I have no idea what kind of limits we have on what type of filesystem attributes we can implement or whatever other roadblocks there may be. I am willing to bet atmosphere will have a clever solution to this issue and that we'll see it in action, but to keep saying that Rei or Raj or whoever should prioritize it is a bit silly. They could also build a lego death star and I think that would be equally as cool and irrelevant to the current switch situation but the death star would probably take a lot less time to build. All I'm really saying is let's get other things stable, fully featured, and completely idiot-proof before asking for the big stuff. (Personally, I'm still looking forward to xci loading, but I can wait as long as it takes... Maybe.)
Switch storage backup with only OS and factory apps is like 1-2GB.The 28GB or so left are for games and saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle