Gaming Official PLAYSTATION 3 Discussion Thread

Turmoil

Trophies
Website
mos.net.au
XP
Country
Ratchet and Clank is so amazing, just finished my first play through and looking to get straight back into it for another go. It alone has almost been worth getting the PS3. I also have Resistance and Motorstorm which are both great games too, and my brother just recently imported Gran Turismo 5 Pro.

kaotic_azn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got The Club today, pretty cool game. Especially multiplayer!
biggrin.gif

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country
Yay for PS3. Oh if there's rock band why can't there be guitar hero 3 as it follows the same concept

PSN ID: default42

Do you play CoD 4 online? Because i swear i have seen your name online.

Yeah i do sometimes but have't recently like since last year because the problems with lag and all that.

Ah okay atleast i aint going crazy. You should add whole buch or Australian people that play CoD4 becasue whenever they find a good game 3-4 bars they always invite me and other australians and we have a good game together.

I also purchased Super Stardust HD and im glad i did, its such an awesome game. I reccomend you do aswell.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yay for PS3. Oh if there's rock band why can't there be guitar hero 3 as it follows the same concept

Yeah i do sometimes but have't recently like since last year because the problems with lag and all that.

Ah okay atleast i aint going crazy. You should add whole buch or Australian people that play CoD4 becasue whenever they find a good game 3-4 bars they always invite me and other australians and we have a good game together.

I also purchased Super Stardust HD and im glad i did, its such an awesome game. I reccomend you do aswell.
I've read that CoD4 multiplayer is terrible because the servers were too unstable, is it true?
Also, one question, does it support 4 player split screen?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

kaotic_azn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I've read that CoD4 multiplayer is terrible because the servers were too unstable, is it true?

when i played i didn't think they were unstable at all only problem i ever experienced was lag. and yes it does support 4 player split screen

enigmaindex

the Scarecrow
Trophies
Website
www.zomganime.com
XP
Country

Your only half right there.

The servers arent bad, its the lag that kills the game. But the lag only applies if you dont live in either USA or Europe. AS USA and Europe have their own servers and what not but the makers of CoD4 have failed to create a Oceanic server for us Australians and what not. So unless you dont live anywhere near USA and Europe then yes the servers are quite bad lag wise.

But all i did was add heaps of Australians that own CoD4 and as soon as they find a good game with no lag they invite me to their match and vice versa. Its really fun also to have a private match with them aswell. But yeah, the servers are good unless everyone is on holidays and then it becomes a bit difficult to find good games.

And yes it does support 4 player split screen.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the answers. Well I'm thinking about getting a FPS, since The Orange Box is a no brainer, I think I'll wait a while, damn... there is just oo much to play, I would get UT3, Orange Box and CoD4, but that's 180USD!

Maybe GameFly isn't a bad service after all, does any one has it here? it is like Netflix, but for games, you select a game, they send it to you and you can play it for as long as you like, when you finish it, you put it into the mail box as the return shipping is free.
The service has a cost of 16 or 23USD monthly for 1 or two rents at the same time, respectively.

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played CoD4 and UT3. Both are excellent, but I like UT3 more. Run & Gun style games appeal to me though, and I've been a huge fan of the UT series since '99. The potential for user-created content is nice too.

On the other hand, if you're looking for an awesome single player experience, you can't beat CoD4.

Scoobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a PS3 owner, I only bought it to match my 1080p HD TV though (For Blu-Ray *cheers coolbho3000* and upscaling of DVD's) - for that purpose its absolutely brilliant value for money. (I can't tell you how annoyed I was when I bought my HD TV to see just how crappy normal DVD and TV broadcasts look on it!).

However, as a games machine its VERY dissapointing for me. Nothing seems to work when it comes out, even my console is riddled with bugs.

That said I still play COD like a nutter (de-guvnor) , but am starting to lose hope that the PS3 will iron out the creases in all the games I have.

*please dont flame I'm just telling it as it is*

They took away PS2 backward compatibility after I PAID FOR IT! (60gb ps3). I've never had a PS2 and went out and bought 6 games that were on the compatibility list when I got my PS3. 1 year later and here I am only being able to play one of them, since they took backward compatibility out and then the firmware patches have broken the games that did work!

6 of my games dont work properly.

1. The Darkness - bugged, game will not go further than the final meeting with the old lady, because I've completed all the quests and one of them is bugged. (to be fair I think this is the same on the XBOX, as googling "The Darkness" and "Harmonica mission" shows the bug).

2. Warhawk - Game freezes almost every game (freezing the whole PS3) , and when it doesn't my stats hardly update.

3. NHL 07 - AI fails once every two games .

4. Burnout Paradise - freezes.

5. COD4, signs me out of the PS network and the dreaded "Host ended game" problem. Sticks also when trying to play online with "potential matches".

6. Singstar (when you sing there is a half second delay !!, might not sound like much, but try it and you'll notice it straightaway and its very irratating to see you miss the start of the word, when you in fact timed it right).

That said, at least it can do 3d properly, something thats sorely let down prior playstations , in my opinion.

I'm hoping they'll sort the problems, but to be honest, the've had 2 years to get in game XMB.

I'll finish on a positive though HOW GOOD IS DVD UPSCALING !!!! brilliant Blu-Ray player 700 quid cheaper than anything else I've seen.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a PS3 owner, I only bought it to match my 1080p HD TV though (For HD DVD and upscaling of DVD's)
Prepare to be disappointed, the PS3 isn't going to go very far playing HD-DVDs.

Sounds like you have a faulty PS3. Get it replaced under warranty.

Scoobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
heh there is only 1 HD format - and thats Blu-Ray - haven't you heard
smile.gif

Unfortunately I havent a faulty PS3 - I have had a faulty PS3 though and have to say SONY support is excellent (my blu ray drive failed to read ANY discs after 1 year, quite common with the first batch of 60gb they say). They couriered a replacement to me and gave me Motorstorm free with it 24 hours later!.

I've tested all the games at my mates and NHL, THE DARKNESS and COD4 are exactly the same. COD4 is well documented for online problems.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
I couldn't find on the wiki any info if the Playstation 3 was region locked or not... Well is it? Am I able to play NTSC games on my PAL console? Is it import-friendly by default?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==