Official nds cart to gba rom linkage. Possible?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Eggman32, Oct 14, 2008.

Oct 14, 2008
  1. Eggman32
    OP

Newcomer Eggman32 Member

United States
    I was wondering if there is a way to link an official NDS game cart to a gba rom using the m3 real. Like can you load the gba rom to the gba exp and then put in the nds cart and link them? Thanks

2. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Copied from another thread, written by Densetsu3000....

3. AXYPB

Member AXYPB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I think he's asking if a GBA flashcart can be linked with a retail NDS cart. I haven't tested it, but if you load a GBA ROM into a flashcart's NOR memory (say, an EZFlash 3-in-1) using GBA Exploader, theoretically it should link as normal with an actual copy of a corresponding DS game, provided it shows as a GBA game in the normal official firmware. I don't think the GBA Expansion Pack that comes with the M3DS Real Perfect package has NOR memory (I don't have one so I can't be sure).

4. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    EZ-flash to my knowledge is the only expansion with permanent memory.
    and using permanent memory for DS-GBA linking works perfectly, with the exception of pokemon games since they require savepatching which would require the same savepatches for the DS games.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the m3 gba pak gba linkage will only work as long as the ds is not turned off or slot-1 cart is removed once the the gba game is loaded

once the system is turned off, the rom is erased from the gba pak and its blank (well its only holds a save file, which will be copied to slot-1 upon reboot with gba pak in)

6. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Ahh, I get it...my mistake then..

Yeah, it works with retail GBA carts (once you flash GBA expansion, NDS actually thinks that IS the retail cart, so kinda pointless question)..
    But I can confirm that it works with retail GBA games!!