Official Gameboy & Gameboy Advance Emulators Leaked

DarkAkuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm the leak.

GB/GBC Emulator - The games are individual files, kind of like previous VC's. Super Mario Land, Link's Awakening DX, Tetris. More, but the others didn't boot. There are different versions of each game, often with the screen rotated left or right.

GBA Emulator App - It's a menu interface, but a different format than NSO. Like a GameInfo.tsv instead of a lclassics.titlesdb (json). Menu is organized for testing. 2 player testing, some display bug testing, emu features testing, etc.

NSO-NES dev Build - Has 24 titles that are unreleased officially at this time. Likely just stuff they used to test with, or licensing plans changed before a publishing date could be decided on. Looks to be an alternate branch from around v4.5-v4.7. It was probably forked off months before, but itself compiled in Sept 2020.

Mega Man
Mega Man 2
Mega Man 3
Mega Man 4
Mega Man 5
Mega Man 6
Mega Man SP1
Mega Man 2 SP1
Mega Man 3 SP1
Mega Man 4 SP1
Mega Man 5 SP1
Mega Man 6 SP1
Galaga
Super C
Adventure Island
Super Mario Bros.™ 2 SP1
Spelunker
Lode Runner
Kung Fu
PAC-MAN
Castlevania
TETRIS
Double Dragon II: The Revenge SP1
Castlevania II: Simon's Quest

---

Overall, its interesting I guess. On the surface it would suggest that both are coming to the NSO service. But in reality this means nothing other than they tinkered with it. They may release GB/GBC/GBA apps. They may not. They may release those NES games. They may not (and probably wont. At least the more interesting ones.).

Last edited by DarkAkuma,

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Wait does patched .nsp works on hacked or ?

Yes and no. They can be extracted and signed non-securely for retail. But you will only get a black screen. but it can be fixed
1650426995403.jpeg

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, unless nintendo brings official gamecube/ds emulators to switch, I'm not interested. Just use mgba that does a way better job.

ack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ngl, this seems pretty sussy. not gonna be actually testing it so i cant look at it outside of these screenshots, but they don't add up. Like, what the fuck's up with the languages?!?! We got japanese ROMs being used for testing, even of games that have english localization, yet all of the text in the emulator is english??? Yeah... ya'll might be seeing some fuses getting burnt in the next couple weeks...

Anyways, if it's legit, i don't think it's a retail product. If you look at one of the screenshots, it says (c) nintendo 2019-2020. Doesn't really make sense for them to sit on this for 2 years before they release it, and considering that n64 and genesis have already came out, the order of releases doesn't really make sense to me. nes, snes, gb, gba, genesis, n64 makes more sense to me than nes, snes, genesis, n64, gb, gba. Sounds to me like this was once planned to be a product, but then, for whatever reason, it got cancelled.

• Haha
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really not sure why people even care. like you can already run these games perfectly on retroarch but people want to limit themselves for some odd reason due to it being "official" which simply means more restrictions in this case.
In my case, my switch is not hackable in the current ecosystem so knowing that these exist give me hope for future releases.

Reactions: kehkou

Aheago

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ngl, this seems pretty sussy. not gonna be actually testing it so i cant look at it outside of these screenshots, but they don't add up. Like, what the fuck's up with the languages?!?! We got japanese ROMs being used for testing, even of games that have english localization, yet all of the text in the emulator is english??? Yeah... ya'll might be seeing some fuses getting burnt in the next couple weeks...

Anyways, if it's legit, i don't think it's a retail product. If you look at one of the screenshots, it says (c) nintendo 2019-2020. Doesn't really make sense for them to sit on this for 2 years before they release it, and considering that n64 and genesis have already came out, the order of releases doesn't really make sense to me. nes, snes, gb, gba, genesis, n64 makes more sense to me than nes, snes, genesis, n64, gb, gba. Sounds to me like this was once planned to be a product, but then, for whatever reason, it got cancelled.
Wait why would it burn fuses ?

Gamerjin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a heads up,
it by default doesnt save any data.
you are FORCED to use the pre-set data for very few limited games. and even then you have to find the right option to "use" it.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's real and legitimately developed by NERD, I can assert this with 100% certainty.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do you have the mini radiator cooler? I Jerry rigged a heatsink and 5volt fan from a dead graphics card on mine, but eventually wanna get a real cooler/fan.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pure copper heat sink kit and fans
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know bout sets, I downloaded all the roms for mine separately.
    My 1500ish games is all hand picked and scraped it's taken me months but zero trash well except MAME.... Tried deleting clones and broke the originals uugghh
    +1
    I legit have been complaining about MAME for over 20 years... Hate the way they handle roms
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"