Official free NVram installation thread

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ronhero, May 13, 2015.

1. cynique

cynique GBAtemp Regular

Feb 12, 2015
    Afghanistan
    Turkey,Sky3ds+Gateway gladly will help :)
    Just my opinion: OP may make a list like countries and members and member's posession,game or flashcards etc.
    Edit:Just realized a list already exists,my bad :D

2. Ronhero
    OP

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay

Mkay got you down for Turkey and all three regions with sky3ds, thanks for the help

Margen67 and cynique like this.
  3. mvmiranda

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    Hello Ronhero, I'm from Brazil and I run a console services little business around here.
    I can repair consoles and install the NVRAM for all of the consoles region
    I'm located at Sao Paulo but I usually help people from other states as well.
    Thx!

4. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States

HAHAHA. k I'll roll with that.

Margen67 likes this.
  5. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States

I'm just thinking of things to ensure members are being serviced and not scammed even though they are on your list of being capable of handling the nvram task. We need to know if most of the members on your list not just putting there names out there just to scam a system and be gone, get what I'm saying? So instead of just focusing on a list and leaving it as is its best to put some effort into ensure both parties are happy and an agreement on how shipping/insurance will be handled as well from a legit servicing party with legit reputation.

Margen67 likes this.
  6. easycrashing

easycrashing GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2010
    United States
    this, i'm a bit nervous about it myself.

7. Ronhero
    OP

Ronhero Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die

Jun 28, 2014
    United States
    Arizona Bay
    Well that's why I have an ebay auction as well as local services. Options are key.

I am also toying with the idea of you can borrow my copy of cubic ninja and send it back after the exploit. The problem is I lent out my physical copy and my sky3ds is used for local services (mainly jap systems)

8. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    From France.

I have :
    - New3DS XL 9.0 EUR
    - Gateway 3DS
    - Sky3DS (I will receive it this week, probably after-tomorrow)

If you pay just the shipping for your 3DS, i can install for you for free the NVRAM + Downgrade System Settings for use the DS Profil + the CIA for use the Gateway DS Flashcard

9. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    I want to import a Japanese regular N3DS very soon but not open it until someone figures out how to do a complete region swap capable of system transfer, just to be absolutely sure I'm on a compatible firmware. On the fence whether I want this mod or not. I'll have to research it.

10. Septimo

Septimo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2013
    United States
    You can buy a White New 3DS from Amazon UK. I just bought one less than a week ago and received it yesterday. 9.0. It's in English, too. :)

Selim873 likes this.
  11. Tjessx

Tjessx GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 3, 2014
    Belgium
    I can do it in belgium, got oot

12. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross

Oh dang! I'll have to pick one up as soon as I can afford one! I was still deciding whether to get the UK or JP version, basically pay more for the crappy price markup for English ($200) or the equivalent American price for Japanese ($160), but American Amazon Prime credentials don't work on the Japanese site, and global Prime shipping is free.

Septimo likes this.
  13. Septimo

Septimo GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2013
    United States
    Yeah, the New 3DS is on sale at the moment I believe. It cost me about $182(plus a few dollars in foreign transaction fees) shipped via standard airmail. It's definitely worth it in my opinion. Good luck. :)

Selim873 likes this.
  14. Selim873

Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

Jul 31, 2010
    United States
    Chillin' with Bob Ross
    Just realized the global Prime shipping isn't free. lol That's why I thought it was $200. :lol: I'll definitely go standard once I can afford it. It seems like someone just put up a manual system transfer method to move digital saves, so I'm definitely going to go for this once Gateway works on 9.7, as my O3DS XL is at that firm. And thank you!

Septimo likes this.
  15. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Question has there been any cases where the NVRAM installation on a new 3ds has caused a brick?

16. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    This will never happen with a nvram mod. Has never happened.

Margen67 likes this.
  17. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    How easy is it to uninstall the NVRAM mod and does it really break super stable 3d?

18. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    I guess you would need to back up the nvram first with a 3ds mode app like nvram manager. I'm not sure if a standard NAND backup covers the NVRAM, I don't think it does.

Anyway, you're being really paranoid if you think Nintendo will do something about an NVRAM install. It's difficult legally to police those sort of things when you don't tie individuals to accounts.

About SS3D, nvram has nothing to do with it.

Margen67 likes this.
  19. kheldar

kheldar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 4, 2014
    You can add me to Turkey list. I'm willing to help anyone I can. Eur region cn

20. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    I dont care about Nintendo at all. I was just trying to find out the brick risk and if it can be removed if it infact does break super stable 3d seeing as it won't be an option in the system settings anymore.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted