OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Some quick concept code i wrote today.. basically following the idea of how the 3ds did it.
66QFASJ.jpg

Adding a game to a folder will remove it from the dash and place it in the folder.. still mulling over the cleanest way to do this as far as code goes.. also trying to figure out the easiest way users could create folders and move games.. (for testing i just have shit hard coded to buttons for test lol..) but yea.. works as expected at least and folders can be put in folders. (and yes i fixed the thing that allowed you to put a folder inside itself lel)

Mouser X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(and yes i fixed the thing that allowed you to put a folder inside itself lel)
Reminds me of a "webisode" (so not a full episode) of Doctor Who where he accidently parked the TARDIS inside the TARDIS. It was hilarious as he tried to figure out how to get himself back into normal space.

FajitaJohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Off-topic: Yo @Reisyukaku, thank you very much for all your hard work!
You and @SciresM talking so professionally and respectfully about each others work is a real nice thing to see and it's making many people happy I think!

Back to topic:

[...]
I'm open to ideas and feedback btw.

• One of the few things I like about my Android TV is this one feature where I can rearrange the installed apps by holding the Home-Button on one of those App-Icons, then all start to wiggle and I can rearrange them by sort of "drag-and-dropping" them.

Also, I THINK that it would be cool if:
  • When you create a folder and put the installed stuff in it (like games for instance), that that folder has a sort of list underneath it with the stuff installed and you don't have to "enter" the folder but simply "scroll down" through the list and are able to launch the games directly from there.

I'm not sure how easy those things are to implement, but since you asked for ideas :D

/edit: added bulletpoints to make the ideas easier to be read

Last edited by FajitaJohn,

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, I THINK that it would be cool if:
  • When you create a folder and put the installed stuff in it (like games for instance), that that folder has a sort of list underneath it with the stuff installed and you don't have to "enter" the folder but simply "scroll down" through the list and are able to launch the games directly from there.

Perhaps using the L/R buttons instead, to accommodate multi-row layouts. You could have A start the content and + expand the folder (or the other way around).

I would also like to add my own suggestion of pinning content (games, folders, etc) to the top of the list with different filters for sorting the rest of it (name, date used, etc). The pinned content would be arranged manually.

Last edited by Dichotomy754,

FajitaJohn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So, I've come up with a few ideas of mine and, just like someone before me, I thought I'd put the words into pictures.
Here goes nothing:

Here is my favourite: No folder per se, but simply the games that I want are stacked vertically and fade on top and on the bottom.
My idea is to, just as mentioned in my other post, hold A button on a title until they all wiggle and then you can drag the titles on one another to stack them.
4nHEeFK.png

The second version is with a folder where the title would be. When pressed, the "All Apps" screen gets blurred, showing only the folder and the titles inside.
I haven't thought about the visibility of the text next to the game, but perhaps every title should have text visible but the text should have the same opacity as the icon?

/EDIT: Maybe even some kind of zoom in/out animation when the folder opens? Or am I just getting too excited right now?
P0rGLwm.png

Last but not least, my first idea (which seems kind of uncool now seeing the other 2), where only a list of the games are shown under the folder (if only visible when scrolled over, or always visible, or other details, I don't know yet)
niolonK.png

As of the possible implementation (if possible at all, how hard it would be) only Rei can tell. I hope you guys like my ideas!

PS:
I hope I didn't break any forum rules by uploading so many pictures in such a resolution :D

/EDIT2:
[...]also trying to figure out the easiest way users could create folders and move games.. [...]
How about binding it to the "-" button since (for me with unchanged button layout, hence "standard") that does the same as the "+" button when pressed over a title.
There you can choose whether:
  • Move to new folder
  • Move to existing folder

Last edited by FajitaJohn,

Povstalez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Yea, last sunday in ReiSwitched i seen him asking how to compile the leaked shit.. He aint fooling anyone.. not to mention he forgot to remove the HB button kek.. or at least mask it as the controller config.

I asking about how to build exefs.nsp only, but not how to build Delta.
I don't use your code. I show my code in discord. Where you see Dletla's code? You are banned me in discord, for what?

I write app by myself.

Last edited by Povstalez,
Reactions: meohsix

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So, I've come up with a few ideas of mine and, just like someone before me, I thought I'd put the words into pictures.
Here goes nothing:

Here is my favourite: No folder per se, but simply the games that I want are stacked vertically and fade on top and on the bottom.
My idea is to, just as mentioned in my other post, hold A button on a title until they all wiggle and then you can drag the titles on one another to stack them.
4nHEeFK.png

The second version is with a folder where the title would be. When pressed, the "All Apps" screen gets blurred, showing only the folder and the titles inside.
I haven't thought about the visibility of the text next to the game, but perhaps every title should have text visible but the text should have the same opacity as the icon?

/EDIT: Maybe even some kind of zoom in/out animation when the folder opens? Or am I just getting too excited right now?
P0rGLwm.png

Last but not least, my first idea (which seems kind of uncool now seeing the other 2), where only a list of the games are shown under the folder (if only visible when scrolled over, or always visible, or other details, I don't know yet)
niolonK.png

As of the possible implementation (if possible at all, how hard it would be) only Rei can tell. I hope you guys like my ideas!

PS:
I hope I didn't break any forum rules by uploading so many pictures in such a resolution :D

/EDIT2:

How about binding it to the "-" button since (for me with unchanged button layout, hence "standard") that does the same as the "+" button when pressed over a title.
There you can choose whether:
  • Move to new folder
  • Move to existing folder

Very nicely done! I like the first one as well, but the second one is probably a little bit better IMHO ;)

Reactions: FajitaJohn

PatriarchJimmyG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I have an idea but i think its pretty stupid.. Make the wallpaper a .gif file ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ idk lol. I dont really use themes nor do i have a switch .

but i found this today and i think this is amazing lol, the folder reminds me of a phone folder where you can see the small icons inside. Idk man lol. But great btw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum