Offical SNES emulator

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Fatmike1993, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Fatmike1993
    OP

Fatmike1993 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2010
    Well im wondering if theres a better emulator because the one you can download from the offical supercard website is pretty crap imo, scaling is all wrong, and there is significant slowdown which makes really hard to play some games like super mario allstars, SnemulDS has various layering issues, so id rather not use it, are there any others out there?

2. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    There's CATSFC and BAGSFC. I don't know which is better but both should be improvements over the Supercard version.

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    BAGSFC was the first improvement, then CATSFC came and built off the BAG sources, so CAT is the recommended.

4. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    If you really want good quality emulation, I suggest you don't look at the DS.

1 person likes this.
  5. apretz

apretz wat

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2012
    United States
    Tejas
    Unfortunately since the DS screen is lower resolution than SNES output, there's no way to avoid scaling problems. As jimmyemunoz said, if you really want good quality SNES emulation, DS isn't the way to go. I've heard good things about SNES emulation on PSP, and you can get used PSPs pretty darn cheap these days.

6. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Kneel before the Queen

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I too suggest CATSFC, but in all honesty the SNES emulation for the DS is all kinda crap.
    If you want better SNES emulation, I suggest a PSP or a Dingoo