Odd problem with Pokemon White (and now Black)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by leonzill, Mar 22, 2011.

Mar 22, 2011
  1. leonzill
    OP

Newcomer leonzill Newbie

United States
    I'm using the latest version of Wood R4.

So, to start off, I did the Exp. AP fix patch on both of these. Black ran perfectly (and I'm assuming White would have if I had played it before whatever it is I did screwed everything up). After playing through Black I decided to fire up one of my older games - Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords. I turned a few codes on and started playing and it just froze. Assuming it was the codes, I turned them off and tried again...and it froze exactly the same way. So I say, "Screw it," and try playing White (no codes on). It freezes while Prof. Juniper is doing the intro. After around five attempts I finally got to choose a starter and save. I battled my two rivals and it froze again. At this point I'm getting aggravated so I go back to Black, only to have THAT freeze after about 10 minutes of playing.

I deleted my problem game and a couple others hoping I might delete whatever I did with the .cc, .nds.sav, and .nds files of Puzzle Quest and open up some memory (I thought it might've been that there wasn't any more space for the save to write anything). This let me get through my rival battles in White, save, and have the game freeze again while walking onto Route 1. It also lengthened my time without freezing in Black to about 20-30 minutes.

From what I've seen, I'm guessing it freezes depending on how many times A is pushed. Also, other games (HeartGold/SoulSilver, Jump! Ultimate Stars, and Culdcept are what I tested) work just fine. Again, Black worked perfectly before I tried playing Puzzle Quest.

wat do

2. Red_Gh0st

Member Red_Gh0st GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ibeleive its something with the AP. This shit is happening to me too. ANd I'm using a sc dstwo and also tried with akaio 1.8.6a

3. ihackedit

Member ihackedit GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Delete all your roms, re-extract them and then retry.

4. leonzill
    OP

Newcomer leonzill Newbie

United States
    All of my codes are from the USRcheat.dat from this site and generally my roms have been from Xenophobia. I feel like it was a different team for B/W, but I know I got the ones that had the filename posted in one of those "official thread"s that has all the info.

Also, any idea what exactly went wrong? Wrong codes on one game shouldn't be screwing up another that worked perfectly.