Hacking Odd GTA "problem"

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is a little weird, and it might not help or interest anyone, but I wanted to post it anyway.

I flashed GTA to SD card I always have in my CycloDS which is a SanDisk 8GB.

The game wouldn´t show up in the list of games, but it would get seen in the media part of the CycloDS options.

I ran the rom through rominator to verify it´s a clean dump, and reflashed it with rominator, only to still have the same problem.

Luckily I have an extra Transcend 4GB card laying around, and just for shits and grins flashed the game onto it.

Naturally it works!!
wacko.gif
(Using the cheat enabled).

I had a similar problem with the 1942 emulator, but this is the first time something like this has happened with a commercial rom.

Maybe some hacker or the cyclops team can make some use of this info, or maybe this might even help someone who just happened to have the same problem.

Like I said, it´s odd, but at least I can play. Even if I do have to swap out SD cards for just the one game.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't have more than 256 files in any folder on the CycloDS.....that means 128 games and their save files in a games folder. If you are over that amount on your 8gig card, it won't see any of the files beyond 256, that's likely your problem. Either delete some excess games or create separate folders to hold them all.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rayder said:
You can't have more than 256 files in any folder on the CycloDS.....that means 128 games and their save files in a games folder. If you are over that amount on your 8gig card, it won't see any of the files beyond 256, that's likely your problem. Either delete some excess games or create separate folders to hold them all.

Or use the alternative save mode, which creates a "Save" folder on the root of your card and places the .sav files for your games there. It's much tidier that way
tongue.gif

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the info/advice guys!

Will try that all after I get back from work and posts my results here!

(edit) You guys are absolutely 100% right. Just made a "Save" folder, moved all the saves to it, and presto, GTA shows up in my games list!

Guess that wasn´t so odd after all.

Thanks again, call off the hackers, and lock this topic!

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
What I would say,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4