Homebrew Odd glitch/issue in VBA GX v2.2.8 in vWii Mode

Melee85

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there. I don't know if anyone has experienced this sort of thing, but I've already tried looking up the issue on both Google and GBA Temp's forums and I haven't been able to find something similar to this, so I figure I'd give it a post. Apologies if I somehow didn't look hard enough!

Lately I've been using VBA GX v2.2.8 on my Wii U via vWii mode (I do have a Wii, but I've moved all my stuff over to vWii for convenience sake) and I occasionally encounter this pretty weird issue with the emulator. Every once in a while the emulator has the tendency to do the following simultaneously:
1. The game I'm currently playing will suddenly act like I'm using the Turbo mode, even though I didn't touch it at all, and will stay locked on Turbo.
2. While in Turbo, the last button/buttons I pressed will remain stuck (For instance, I held "Up" to go into a door in Wario Land 1, he keeps automatically going in and out of the door while the game is sped up)
Both problems persist until I press the Home button on the Wii Remote, and unplug the controller that is connected to it, before re-plugging it, then exiting the VBA GX Home Menu back into the current game.

I am using a non-Motion+, Black Wii Remote controller with a Classic Controller Pro plugged in.

Does anyone know the cause of the issue and how to fix it? :huh:

I was messing about with a few emulators and programs yesterday, it turns out it is not a glitch in VBA GX. The issue occasionally seems to happen in other stuff I use as well. At one point when it glitched out, none of my classic controllers would work even when unplugged/replugged until I took the batteries out of my Wii Remote and put them back in, allowing the controller to be recognized again. I can conclude by this that it's the Wii remote itself that could potentially be the issue, and not a software glitch like I had originally assumed.

The Wii Remote is black in color, but doesn't have Motion Plus built in, so it's still somewhat old but not a launch model controller.

To recap, on occasion when using the Classic Controller Pro, sometimes it will glitch out and some of the inputs and analog stick will be stuck until I unplug the Classic Controller Pro from the Wii remote and plug it back in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-