Odd glitch/issue in VBA GX v2.2.8 in vWii Mode

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Melee85, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Melee85
    OP

Melee85 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Hi there. I don't know if anyone has experienced this sort of thing, but I've already tried looking up the issue on both Google and GBA Temp's forums and I haven't been able to find something similar to this, so I figure I'd give it a post. Apologies if I somehow didn't look hard enough!

Lately I've been using VBA GX v2.2.8 on my Wii U via vWii mode (I do have a Wii, but I've moved all my stuff over to vWii for convenience sake) and I occasionally encounter this pretty weird issue with the emulator. Every once in a while the emulator has the tendency to do the following simultaneously:
    1. The game I'm currently playing will suddenly act like I'm using the Turbo mode, even though I didn't touch it at all, and will stay locked on Turbo.
    2. While in Turbo, the last button/buttons I pressed will remain stuck (For instance, I held "Up" to go into a door in Wario Land 1, he keeps automatically going in and out of the door while the game is sped up)
    Both problems persist until I press the Home button on the Wii Remote, and unplug the controller that is connected to it, before re-plugging it, then exiting the VBA GX Home Menu back into the current game.

I am using a non-Motion+, Black Wii Remote controller with a Classic Controller Pro plugged in.

Does anyone know the cause of the issue and how to fix it? :huh:

I was messing about with a few emulators and programs yesterday, it turns out it is not a glitch in VBA GX. The issue occasionally seems to happen in other stuff I use as well. At one point when it glitched out, none of my classic controllers would work even when unplugged/replugged until I took the batteries out of my Wii Remote and put them back in, allowing the controller to be recognized again. I can conclude by this that it's the Wii remote itself that could potentially be the issue, and not a software glitch like I had originally assumed.

The Wii Remote is black in color, but doesn't have Motion Plus built in, so it's still somewhat old but not a launch model controller.

To recap, on occasion when using the Classic Controller Pro, sometimes it will glitch out and some of the inputs and analog stick will be stuck until I unplug the Classic Controller Pro from the Wii remote and plug it back in.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice