1. 3,752

Front-page
    quest 2.PNG
    Despite widespread backlash over Facebook's decision to require Facebook logins for its Oculus VR headsets, the social media giant is not letting go of its VR ambitions. In fact, the company has been working on its next-gen VR headset and details of the Oculus Quest 2 leaked today on Facebook Blueprint, Facebook's marketing hub. While these information have been taken down on the official site, it's the internet and nothing really "disappears", especially when it comes to details of an unannounced gaming device.

These leaks in question were two promotional videos, with the first one introducing the Oculus Quest 2, which is a standalone VR headset like the first Quest:

The second video detailed the specs of the device. It reveals that the Quest 2 will come packed with a Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2 processor, 6GB RAM and up to 256GB of storage (the original Quest had 4GB of RAM and a max. storage capacity of 128 GB).

It also boasts 3D positional audio, improved "soft-touch" headstraps, a lighter and “streamlined” form factor, controller-free hand tracking, as well as improved controllers with “new ergonomics”. The resolution is also said to be "nearly 2K Resolution per eye". The Oculus Quest 2 will also be compatible with the Oculus Link cable to expand the game's library with a VR-ready PC.

What's not known is the display’s refresh rate nor the price. The latter was rumored to be $399 according to a Walmart listing. These might be revealed as soon as this week as the Facebook Blueprint site also mentioned a pair of live demos of the Oculus Quest 2 scheduled for September 16th and 17th.

So what do you think of the Oculus Quest 2 from the details leaked?

:arrow: SOURCE

Scott_pilgrim, James_, SS4 and 7 others like this.
  2. Discussion (38 replies)

3. MohammedQ8

MohammedQ8 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Kuwait
    They call these games hehe N64 graphics in 2k.

elm likes this.
  4. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Too bad, as mention, it will be hold back because that account nonsense.

Karones, James_, cyb0rg and 5 others like this.
  5. Brayton1-7

Brayton1-7 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Awesome! I saw something about ASL on there, I really hope they allow full usage of ASL with controllers for VRChat.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

but yeah screw them for that facebook login

Scott_pilgrim and elm like this.
  6. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Bless you VR, you keep on trying. It is fun in short bursts, but you'll be hard-pressed to find anyone that would prefer to do the bulk of their gaming in VR over traditionally.

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  7. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    The Quest is nice, but with Facebook's recent actions and the potential future that paints, any Oculus product is gonna be a big hard pass from me.

Scott_pilgrim, James_, elm and 4 others like this.
  8. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

United States
    I have a VR headset (Oculus Rift CV1), and here are most of my reasons for not playing it all the time:
    - Not enough games (obviously going to be fixed as more and more headsets roll out and VR catches on)
    - I have a setup which makes me have to disconnect my Rift every time I'm finished (it's my personal issue)
    I don't see a reason why (some) people couldn't eventually completely switch to VR gaming.

9. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Personally, I don't think VR is going to die, but it's going to remain a relative niche at least compared to 'traditional' gaming.

The biggest issues I face are:
    1) Like you I have to disconnect every time
    2) I lack the space for the 'full' experience.
    3) Motion sickness

Kraken_X and MikaDubbz like this.
  10. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

United States
    Traditional gaming is way more accessible of course, I actually forgot about motion sickness cause I had it for like 2 hours and then I was good, but I understand it can be a big deal-breaker for other people, just like lack of space. Sorry, bit of a dumb post I made there.

tech3475 likes this.
  11. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm sure there will be a few outliers where it becomes their main means of gaming, but the vast majority will never embrace it as their main method no matter what improvements come to it in the coming years.

12. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Addict

DOA because of the facebook forced integration bs.

13. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    read from facebook.
    And was like ... nope not remotely interested now.

14. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The problem here is more on there not being enough big games for it. Alyx seems like the only big gun... I guess astro-bot but that is locked to Sony. This is of course due to not that many people owning VR in the first place. And merely turning it on as an extra mode, like in Doom or Skyrim or BotW, doesn't work that well.

15. MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    See, but even if VR took off in a way where more 3rd party devs would be willing to put their major releases on it, I still don't ever see it becoming the large platform it so clearly wants to be. People prefer to play games like Skyrim traditionally over the full-fledged VR version, and I imagine that would be true of most AAA releases.

16. shaunj66

shaunj66 GBAtemp Administrator
    Administrator

United Kingdom
    Sounds awesome, just hope the FOV is also improved. Will be selling my Quest and picking this one up!

Would be neat if it has support for video over USB-C for a proper Rift-like experience via Oculus Link

Mr. Looigi and BlastedGuy9905 like this.
  17. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    I think, for the mainstream VR headsets, the set cameras in your room thing will die off.

18. shamzie

shamzie Oh David de Gea <3

I recently permanently deleted my facebook account and have no intention of going back or making another one. No sale for me i guess.

19. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    LOL. It is ugly and a 10 years ago graphics. Nah!

20. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    You have my interest...

I'd make a secondary account because apparently Zucc the Succ wants to get to know you. I miss my quest. :(

You've clearly never used one...

Maybe. Maybe not. The tracking on the Quest is great but full body tracking almost requires secondary hardware. It's niche, sure..

MrWhosHacking likes this.
  21. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    :rofl2: What are you talking about ? You have no idea what I am talking about, do you ? You are funny, indeed.^_^

Last edited by azoreseuropa, Sep 14, 2020

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - details, Oculus, leaked