Octopath Traveler reaches one million sales globally

Octopath Traveler, the Nintendo Switch exclusive RPG from Square-Enix, has reached one million sales worldwide. This figure includes both the physical copies sold, and the downloaded copies from the Nintendo eShop. This makes it the first third-party title on the system to achieve this milestone. This is particularly impressive, considering that the game was released less than a month ago, on the 13th of July.

:arrow:Source
:arrow:List of titles selling over one million

Last edited by Daisy,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat, I hope they bring over some more JRPGs to the Switch. I'd like to play a portable version of FF10(Yes, I know the Vita version exist), and FF12.

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I don't like this game after all, in the beginning it was pretty neat, nice graphics, interesting battle system, beautiful music, but after 20+ hours I drop it cause a story is so bland & boring, dialogs predictable, characters uninspired, gameplay is repetitive & there's too much grinding for my taste. I wouldn't put Octopath in my Hall of Fame list.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'll have you know this game would have sold even more millions if it had not been for piracy. I have no sources to back up this claim but you'll just have to believe me /s

That's what you call the "Axiom of piracy".
You can't really prove it, but for every piracy-enabled unit you lose a little more than one sale per game (a calculation chart is still in the works).

But seriously, how many piracy-enabled devices are out there right now? I would honestly be interested in seeing some figures about those.

Reactions: deinonychus71

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't like this game after all, in the beginning it was pretty neat, nice graphics, interesting battle system, beautiful music, but after 20+ hours I drop it cause a story is so bland & boring, dialogs predictable, characters uninspired, gameplay is repetitive & there's too much grinding for my taste. I wouldn't put Octopath in my Hall of Fame list.
I agree about the story being a bit boring and bland for 26 yrs old me, but not the grinding part. I am always overleveled if I only play with my favourite 4 and am forced to switch around to make the game harder. Even then it's not that hard because level does not matter that much in comparison to equipments, which you can get for free by stealing.

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's a good game, not great. I would not pay full price for it.
It's selling a lot because the Switch (and gaming overall) is lacking in reasonably good turn based JRPGs.
Also, the blur effects suck IMO.

Reactions: Coolsonickirby

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fully deserved. And it proves that the west also loves classic JRPGs (something we knew all along honestly), so get to it Squeenix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F