Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

minjeeta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.djjustjones.co.uk
XP
Country
Thank you both RadioShadow and djtaz. I will not update as installing wads is usefull, but just use the Wii Shop and IOS51 installer. Will I still be prompted to update afterwards buy the shop channel even though it works?

killme460

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i installed the 3.3 v2 you know the october 23rd update... i am now trying to get rid of it with the help RadioShadow's guide i have worked up to the part where i am at the ios16.wad installed and in need of a ios16 customized wad manager 1.3 with SDHC support and usb support and in need to install the Cios__fix.wad

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The manager is in my sig where it says Oct 23rd UPDATE FIX
and the cios Fix is in the original backup loader v0.1 file

blindluck08

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ What wads were you installing? It's most likely the Wii is trying to load a wrong TV setting. Most WADs should work fine on 3.2U.

just some old classic ones to try them out. pacman, donkey kong jr., super_mario_world.

thewebguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question for all....
I did this Oct 23 fix....now can I run backuo loader 1 as well after i do this OR think i should wait to new loader comes out

which will hopefully fix some of these disc error problems...

also does smackdown 2009 work with the new loader or not?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thewebguy said:
Question for all....
I did this Oct 23 fix....now can I run backuo loader 1 as well after i do this OR think i should wait to new loader comes out

which will hopefully fix some of these disc error problems...

also does smackdown 2009 work with the new loader or not?
The new loader will play both 0.3 and 0.1 games by the look of the reports to date - as in its got the compatability of the 2 with better speed - prob worth waiting

thewebguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So any ETA on the NEW loader...so in your opinion it will be worth to wait....

I was going to install .1 so i can run both now...can you let me know the best way to do this since i did the oct 23 update....

what do i need to do to get .1 running just install 247 and put .1 on that?

or again just wait?

dzaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
This stuff works perfectly. But in my case in addition I installed the cIOS_249-rev6_rr.wad file via wad manager and the wiigator chanel started to work. BTW the backup of first raving rabidz didn't startet at all (says that the error accured and disk must be ejected and wii restarted) and you must be quick enough with the de blob choosing an item you want to play or the same error as with rabbidz will appear. The hotweels, boom blox, african safari and game party (real sux) work without errors. All burned to verbatim dvd-r (orange colored 25 pack) at 1x speed by matshita dvd-ram device built-in my acer laptop.

May be this post will be helpful to someone.

Be well!

Anakinnnn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,
I just did the SoftMod on my Wii and unfortunately this was after the update from October 23rd had already been applied. I had no idea about the updates or any problems because I just decided to Softmod the Wii on Sunday after I started seeing some stories about it here and there on some blog sites. I guess it was about two weeks too late when I saw the stories.

My Wii is an NTSC US retail Wii. There has been no modding done and no chips added. This is basically a virgin Wii right out of the box, though it is first generation which makes it about 2 years old now if that makes any difference. Unfortunately, as I already mentioned, the updates are all applied and current making it 3.3u.

Before I knew about the problem with the October 23rd update, I followed the directions to do the Twilight Hack and it worked with no errors. I installed Homebrew Channel beta v.9 afterwards without a hitch.

So based on that, I then followed these directions as soon as I came across them:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=112385

Everything seemed to be in order and I had not encountered any errors on installing WADs and so forth.

However, I think something isn't right. First of all, I tried to burn two different game images and they both gave me the same error which is "SET DVD ERROR END" or something. I can't read any of it except "SET" because the rest of the sentence is written over itself. I got suspicious after that because I did everything by the book to get the system up and going.
So I tried a burned DVDR movie......and it gave me the exact same error when I tried to play it. So then I tried a RETAIL DVD and again I got that error on the screen starting with "SET" and then a jumbled mess of words on top of themselves.
Also, all of these discs lock up the Wii and then they do a data dump if I press the RESET button when they try to load. Then I have to power the Wii down completely before it will boot again.

I suspect something is not right somewhere because I can't blame the game discs yet if I can't even play a regular DVD after having installed everything properly.

So I searched around for some more instructions and I came across these and followed these again to the letter:
http://atkinx.com/2008/10/04/tutorial-soft...so-dvd-r-discs/

I followed both of these tutorials to the letter and encountered no errors along the way. However, it still seems I have no way to play DVD movies much less play game backups.

Maybe you guys can shed some light on my problem?

Some points of mention:
1. At one point, I was able to browse the Homebrew Channel's online catalog of files and now I can't seem to. I am not sure what happened there. I can still load the channel and run apps off of an SD card, but that browser part seems to have disappeared.
2. I have a Homebrew Channel, a WiiGator 3 Channel, a Backup Launcher .3 Channel, and a Wad Manager V3 Channel, but that is all. Should I have a DVDX channel or something? Do I need some other channel to even read burned discs period?
3. I am still running the latest firmware.
4. My real copies of Wii games still work fine.

I am pretty savvy when it comes to this stuff, but for some reason I am not sure what the heck is going on here. I hope someone reads this and tells me what to do.

Thanks
Anakinnnn

EDIT: I just followed the instructions from this thread. I actually started all the way from the Twilight Hack again to make sure I wasn't missing a single step. I have tons of files and use the correct files from this thread. I still can't seem to play burned games or DVDs. Can someone PLEASE help me figure out what is happening? One more point of mention is that using AnyTitle Deleter shows quite a few IOSs installed, but the only non-standard one is IOS 249.....I saw mention somewhere I needed IOS247? Is this true? Should it already be there? And if so, since I followed these instructions, why would I not have it?
Thanks in advance. Sorry for the huge post, but I am trying to provide as much info as I can.

ppajko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated to 3.3- and then somehow managed to do the Fix from this website.But today I inserted my original Wii Fit game and it said that it needs an update. I did the update and now wiigator does not recognize bakups.
I dont remember how to the the fix again. And if I follow the directions from the 1st page then it does not work. Here is what happens:
I go to wad manager 3 and select the IOS16-64-v257.wad and it installs fine. Then i restart wii and go to the vm and select the fix wad and there I get an error 1035. What am I doing wrong here and how can I keep the wiigator working and also use my original Wii Fit game without the update.

Thank you for help

OutlawGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got Wii Version 3.2U, Chipped

Working - Wad Manager
Working - HBC
Working - Wads

----------

Can't Load Shop Channel , Needs Update (Dont Really Care about it anyway)

Can't Load New Games Like Wii Music & Wii Fit Needs Update

What Will I need to get such new games like Wii Music & Wii Fit working..

Do I have to update to 3.3v2 ?

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OutlawGamer said:
Got Wii Version 3.2U, Chipped

Working - Wad Manager
Working - HBC
Working - Wads

----------

Can't Load Shop Channel , Needs Update (Dont Really Care about it anyway)

Can't Load New Games Like Wii Music & Wii Fit Needs Update

Load the WiGator Channel and use that to boot the Wii games that require an update. WiiGator ignores the updates and jus plays the games.

If you follow the guide, you can fix the Shop Channel on 3.2. Follow Step 8 and say 'Yes' to all.

ppajko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppajko said:
I updated to 3.3- and then somehow managed to do the Fix from this website.But today I inserted my original Wii Fit game and it said that it needs an update. I did the update and now wiigator does not recognize bakups.
I dont remember how to the the fix again. And if I follow the directions from the 1st page then it does not work. Here is what happens:
I go to wad manager 3 and select the IOS16-64-v257.wad and it installs fine. Then i restart wii and go to the vm and select the fix wad and there I get an error 1035. What am I doing wrong here and how can I keep the wiigator working and also use my original Wii Fit game without the update.

Thank you for help
anyone please help. I still get 1035 error when installing cios_fix. The v257 installs but not the cios fix in the cios 16 customvm folder. What get this be.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ppajko said:
ppajko said:

Thank you for help
anyone please help. I still get 1035 error when installing cios_fix. The v257 installs but not the cios fix in the cios 16 customvm folder. What get this be.

have you installed ios16 ?

wiiguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm that this works? I have the newest files of TW hack and homebrew channel, and am currently running menu 3.3U (oct 23 update).
I am kinda a nOOb and dont want to mess up my wii. Instructions seem simple enough.
I dont have any of those CIOS things in there either (well maybe I do, i didnt install anything else besides the homebrew channel).
Please help!

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey wiiguy, if you're just looking to get into backup launchers and you already have TP hack, just visit the link in my signature.

ppajko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
ppajko said:
ppajko said:

Thank you for help

have you installed ios16 ?

How can I install ios16 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated