Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiiguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
hey wiiguy, if you're just looking to get into backup launchers and you already have TP hack, just visit the link in my signature.
I want to downgrade so I can install .wads. Can I run a back up w/ the 3.3U? I would be pretty interested in this as well.

Back to my question: Can anyone confirm that this works? I have the newest files of TW hack and homebrew channel, and am currently running menu 3.3U (oct 23 update).

Thanks

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiguy said:
noobwarrior7 said:
hey wiiguy, if you're just looking to get into backup launchers and you already have TP hack, just visit the link in my signature.
I want to downgrade so I can install .wads. Can I run a back up w/ the 3.3U? I would be pretty interested in this as well.

Back to my question: Can anyone confirm that this works? I have the newest files of TW hack and homebrew channel, and am currently running menu 3.3U (oct 23 update).

Thanks

Errr... No. That's why this guide has been sticked. XD

It worked for me and other people have said so as well.

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea why I was afraid to do it, especially since the only thing I'm running is Wad Manager....

That was freaking punch and pie to do, thanks for the step-by-step
biggrin.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. If I am to do this whole process (has yet to update firmware or cIOS), does it mean I wont have to update for Animal Crossing? I want to play Animal Crossing day 1 but Im afraid of what could happen. Another question since I have been out of the loop when it comes to Wii homebrew lately. Does updating cIOS risk bricking? Last time I updated the cIOS was when the backup loader came out. Do I need to downgrade the cIOS before updating? I honestly dont know.

Kratozero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a problem, i ran the backup launcher normally a couple of times, even finished mario kart wii some times, anyways, I bought new games, then i tried them on my console and the compatibility list seemed to support the games, they ran once or twice, but they stopped running, then I used the cios installer that the original SD package contained, i believe the one with the sonic logo, CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad, then i thought maybe that was the problem, and I installed the cios again, then a game loaded, then it crashed and my wii now won't read ANY games, not even original ones, but i am able to manage wads and all, Do I have a semi brick?, how can I fix it?, i followed the guide and downgraded, but the any region changer always gets stuck on the IOS254, it says that when identifying as SU there is error -1017 and when downloading from the net, it gets stuck on 2/15 or 3/15.
Would it be a good idea to upgrade my firmware to 3.3U and then reverting back? or can i do something about it?
How do i remove all the Wads?, how do I know thich is which?
I am desperate for help. thanks beforehand

Deano.2k8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone got another link for Wii Fix Tools i got a wii 3.3e and cant install wads would this solve it for me ?
already got homebrew v9 on the wii ready

watertails

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, but what should one do if the IOS downgrader won't boot up? It just goes to a black screen.

Also, I'm using v1.1 if that has anything to do with it.

tonyeltigre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any way to do this stuff without an internet connection? My router has bricked and ive been trying to get this running for days but cant seem to run the ios downgrader

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
tonyeltigre said:
is there any way to do this stuff without an internet connection? My router has bricked and ive been trying to get this running for days but cant seem to run the ios downgrader

There might be one. I'll have a look.

QUOTE(watertails @ Nov 15 2008, 07:46 PM) Just out of curiosity, but what should one do if the IOS downgrader won't boot up? It just goes to a black screen.

Also, I'm using v1.1 if that has anything to do with it.

You need to use IOS Downgrader 1.0. Not the Custom IOS Downgrader 1.1.

greencolor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I try to install ‘cios_fix.wad’, but I get the message: "Installing ticket... Error! (ret = -2011)" why? anyone knows the reason? very appreciate?

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
greencolor said:
I try to install ‘cios_fix.wad’, but I get the message: "Installing ticket... Error! (ret = -2011)" why? anyone knows the reason? very appreciate?

Use 'Wad Manager 1.3'. The same tool you use to install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad.

david_r_laing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great write up. I followed every step and every step executed OK as per instructions EXCEPT the last "optional" step. When I start Any region application, I get the following message on the screen:

Identifying as SU...OK!
Init SYSCONF...OK!
Error getting settings! 1, 1, 1, 0, -24578

Any one have any idea? Thanks!

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Dumb questions time ....

I am on 3.2E and haven't done the Shop 23rd October update yet. I already have a version (couldn't tell you which) of HBC and GeckoOS on my Wii. If I just do Step 8 would I be correct in saying that will let me use the Shop again and leave everything else untouched ?

Also, what happens when Nintendo eventually get around to releasing 3.4 ? Will that include all the changes in 3.3 (23rd Oct) and mean I have to find a way round that as well ? Or will doing the steps in this guide mean that, when it comes, 3.4 will think I am fully up to date and just install the changes ?

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone who has done this.. how long does it take? Its been at least a couple minutes for me on Downloading and installing content #09

I was just being impatient
smile.gif
Seems to be downloading something else now.

Ceahorse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
In Step 7 .. if i use the 3.2E will it change my 3.3J to english menus?

RadioShadow said:
October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Step-by-Step guide written by RadioShadow.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY WII’S THAT GET BRICKED DURING THE PROCESS. PROCED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Step 1 – Install the ‘Homebrew Channel’ onto your Wii.

Step 2 – Update to the latest Wii Firmware.

Step 3 – Download this file and install the contents inside the ‘Wii Fix Tools’ to your SD Card.

NOTE: You will need to locate 'IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad' yourself and place it inside the 'WAD' folder. Just google it.

Step 4 – Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘WAD Manager 1.3’.

Step 5 – Press ‘A’ on the Wii Mote once. The Wii should detect a SD Card. Press ‘A’ again to see a list of WADs on the SD Card. Use the ‘D-Pad’ to select ‘IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad’. Press the ’+’ to install the WAD. Once it has installed the WAD, press the ‘Home’ button to restart you Wii.

Step 6 – Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘Custom WM’. Now using the same method as in ‘Step 5’, install the ‘cios_fix.wad’. Once it has installed the WAD, press the ‘Home’ button to restart you Wii.

NOTE: If that fails to install, just use 'Wad Manager 1.3'.

Step 7 – Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘IOS Downgrader’. Just follow the instructions and wait until it finishes installing the necessary IOSs.

NOTE: You're Wii does require connection to the Internet otherwise it won't work. Same for the next step.
If you do have a Internet connection and you get errors while it's installing the IOSs, just restart the Wii and try again.

Step 8 - Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘Install Shop IOS51’. Say ‘Yes’ to installing the ‘IOS51’ and ‘Yes’ to patching a fix but ‘No’ to the ‘Wii Shop Channel’ (it shouldn’t matter if you install but it won’t make any difference).

Step 9 - Using the ‘Homebrew Channel’, open ‘WAD Manager 3’.

Step 10 – Now you should be able to install WADs. Try installing the ‘WAD MANAGER V3.wad’ (use this channel to install any WADs in the furture) and ‘Wii Gator.wad’. Other apps should also work as well such as ‘AnyRegion Changer’.

Optional Step – You can downgrade to 3.2X if you want. Use ‘AnyRegion Changer’ to do that. Then repeat ‘Step 8’ and say ‘Yes’ to installing the ‘Wii Shop Channel’ (otherwise the Shop Channel will not work).

Step 11 – MISSION COMPLETE! Good job Commander!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-