OCDM - Mario Maker 3DS course manager

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Sono, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Sono
    OP

Sono HoH SiSter

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    Austro-Hungarian Monarchy
    Oh no, I looked at the file in a hex editor, and it says "SMMDB (placeholder)" :(

I have corrected the mistake, please try this one: https://puu.sh/Cmtk5/09c496d6b7.cia

BOLNICHKA39 and Steffenfield like this.
  2. BOLNICHKA39

BOLNICHKA39 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    Russia
    Thanks a lot, now it works, shows lists. After work, I will check how it works) Thanks again)

3. BOLNICHKA39

BOLNICHKA39 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    Russia
    Thanks again, everything works as it should) But there is one brazen question, do you plan to introduce ocdm into the game super mario maker itself? So how on wiiu you can upload or download levels? , but all calls will be addressed to smmdb?

4. Sono
    OP

Sono HoH SiSter

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    Big NO! I have difficulties backtracing the file format from the binary, let alone patching it. Due to the leftover WiiU junk it's nearly inpossible :wacko:

Steffenfield likes this.
  5. BOLNICHKA39

BOLNICHKA39 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    Russia
    Are you starting to develop OCDM for innovations or because the previous version does not need to be corrected?

6. Sono
    OP

Sono HoH SiSter

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    Both. ;)

Steffenfield likes this.
  7. BOLNICHKA39

BOLNICHKA39 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    Russia
    How long will you make a new version? I look forward to trying out your creation! By the way, what exactly do you want to do now? A graphical interface or the ability to download your levels directly from 3ds to smmdb without intermediaries?

8. Sono
    OP

Sono HoH SiSter

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    I have no idea how long it'll take. It can range from a month to a few years, I don't know.

This new version should have everything old OCDM had, but with a much better user interface.

Steffenfield and MrHuu like this.
  9. MrHuu

MrHuu GBAtemp Regular

Sep 19, 2015
    Netherlands
    Sono is hungarian for 'Soon™'

10. BOLNICHKA39

BOLNICHKA39 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    Russia
    I know that it is not logical to ask you, but do you know how to understand how many people played at my level on smmdb?

11. Sono
    OP

Sono HoH SiSter

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    I don't think I ever added a playcount, but I don't want to if there is, because that would ruin the popularity of other levels (some people only like to play popular levels only).

However, you can hold a button (which I forgot) to see the stars on levels, or even add your own star by holding that button and tapping on a level.

12. BOLNICHKA39

BOLNICHKA39 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    Russia
    I did not put it that way, I did not mean stars (likes), but footprints from the feet (the number of people who were playing in the level). Sorry for my bad english.

13. Sono
    OP

Sono HoH SiSter

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    No, I understood what you meant first, but I'm saying that it's missing on purpose.

14. BOLNICHKA39

BOLNICHKA39 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    Russia
    You will be able to implement the "level check" technology, the fact is that the day before yesterday I came across a level that we don’t pass, there is a very important unit missing, this suggests that ssmdb can be filled with an unfinished level, which is not good. I do not know how on wiiu, but exactly on 3ds there is a thing: you create a level, save it, and when you want to play it, the game offers to "change" or "play." If you choose to play and you pass your level, it will be indicated by a flag, i.e. the mark that you have passed your own level. I mean, the program code of the game indicates that the level has been passed. Is it possible to make the OCDM detect the presence of a flag and only download those levels that have a flag? This will save the server from garbage, and it will be possible to incite people to do better levels)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

This will save the server from garbage, and it will probably force people to do better levels)

15. Sono
    OP

Sono HoH SiSter

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    It's already implemented in OCDM, but it's not used. Sadly this would need to be implemented server-side too because people could bypass the checks present in OCDM.

I think it would just make already popular levels have more downloads while good low-count levels would be buried deep in the pages.

It's better to find good levels by stars instead because people mostly star good levels only, and bad levels very rarely go above 1.

16. BOLNICHKA39

BOLNICHKA39 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    Russia
    Is it possible to run levels from wiiu on 3ds? I know that there is a "mistery mooshroom" on wiiu, and most likely this is the reason why wiiu cannot be run on 3ds. Can I embed it in a game on 3ds? cheats? mods?

17. Sono
    OP

Sono HoH SiSter

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    There are no cheats, nor mods. Mario Maker 3DS's code is horrible.

As for save conversion, you can already import and export between WiiU and 3DS formats. Go into the course management menu, tap on a level, and there you can import/export. Please note however that you can only import WiiU level into 3DS level, not an empty slot. If you want to import a WiiU level then import a 3DS level first.

18. BOLNICHKA39

BOLNICHKA39 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    Russia
    In what sense is the code terrible? Too difficult or very not qualitative?

19. Sono
    OP

Sono HoH SiSter

Oct 16, 2015
    Hungary
    In every sense.

I don't have access to the source code, it contains leftovers from the WiiU, the compiler quirks and the compiler flags also make it difficult to read, and the massive size of the code section just makes for a hell to find stuff in.

20. BOLNICHKA39

BOLNICHKA39 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 23, 2018
    Russia
    sorry (, I saw a site where they put mods for smm 3ds, they mostly change textures, I thought they could do something