GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
After christmas has passed (and my money is mine again
tongue.gif
) I might get myself a Gecko and start making some ocarina codes

Anyway for those that do make these codes I've noticed a few things that maybe possible and if made would guarantee the hacker a place in the wii hacking hall of fame.
rolleyes.gif

- Block IOS reloads
If a code that sees IOS reloads and changed it IOS 249 (for example) was made it would give more options for compatibility. This will most likely differ per game but as there is only a few games requiring this it maybe worth the hackers time.

- Redirect saves read/writes
SSBB has some codes that re-route reading and loading from SD instead of the nand. In theory it would be possible to do this with save files for games. Apply the code and your save is read and written to SD/USB. Every game could benefit from this, but some games take a HUGE amount of room on the nand per save so even if just they games were done it would go a long way.

- Remap buttons. Various games would benefit from this, I don't know which but a few people have "dreamt" of this with no codes emerging....yet.

Are there other codes that anyone thinks could be cool ? (post ideas below)

Are you someone that makes ocarina codes ? (do you think you would know where to start and is it worth it ?)

Please post your thoughts, facts and flames about these ideas.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I would love to play New Super Mario Bros Wii with a Gamecube controller or a Classic controller.
I've only got 2 Wiimotes and one cost about $85... gee sh.
blink.gif

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Slimmmmmm said:
Swappin buttins like A > B etc imho would be a LOT easier that swapping WiiMote>GC Pad (or vise versa) but still a good idea.

Hmm... how about une player using the wiimote sideways and the other player the nunchuck. Z-A c-B

Omega Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slimmmmmm said:
- Block IOS reloads
If a code that sees IOS reloads and changed it IOS 249 (for example) was made it would give more options for compatibility. This will most likely differ per game but as there is only a few games requiring this it maybe worth the hackers time.
Not that easy.

Slimmmmmm said:
- Redirect saves read/writes
SSBB has some codes that re-route reading and loading from SD instead of the nand. In theory it would be possible to do this with save files for games. Apply the code and your save is read and written to SD/USB. Every game could benefit from this, but some games take a HUGE amount of room on the nand per save so even if just they games were done it would go a long way.
Those codes use code present in Brawl. This isn't the case with every game, and you can't make a "universal" code.

QUOTE(Slimmmmmm @ Nov 12 2009, 09:21 AM)
- Remap buttons. Various games would benefit from this, I don't know which but a few people have "dreamt" of this with no codes emerging....yet.
Again, not that easy.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I've been reading a lot about this today. It seems the SSBB just uses SD code already in the game, so that one looks very far off for other games and I can't see anyone going to that effort.

I did use the word "challenge" as I know this wont be something most people would be able to do without the right equipment and years of learning.

The IOS reload does look possible and really that would be the holy grail of wii hacking if managed.
As for mapping buttons I only added that because someone mentioned it to me, I myself dont care for that.

EDIT*
Now there is a modded NeoGamma floating around that allows you to boot custom arc files for custom levels from SD card (for NSMB)
smile.gif
This doesn't use any code or instructions from the game so this may change everything......

EDIT**
Redirect saves read/writes is DONE
biggrin.gif
- To use saves to and from SD/USB get Hermes latest cIOS + uLoader
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn