PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
That is what I mean. I really want homebrew, but only if it goes with the flow.
If you really bought it for the purpose of homebrew, DO NOT UPDATE EVER UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED. It is not a trap, it is only expected.
In the other hand, I don't think we want homebrew at all cost.
As for me, I put it in a way more high position to be able to use the latest firmware and games headacheless, not having to go caring or looking for patched vulnerabilities. Only if it happens that along my way of normal enjoyment of the console homebrew becomes available in the latest firmware, well I may use it, but I care more for the normal use of the console TBH.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It depends, what do you consider to be fucked?
Did you want to be able to use the patched vulnerability, you are fucked.
Did you want to use homebrew? Up to now, who knows, whenever (if ever) that is available perhaps the patched vulnerability wouldn't even be required.
I didn't buy it SPECIFICALLY for homebrew. That would be dumb.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just want to use homebrew
Then we still don't know, in the future we will know if you were fucked or not.
(most proabably, not)

PS: But for me this ends up being so senseless as avoiding to get out of your house because a car might hit and kill you.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are they planning on patching out third party controllers (cause of their low price point)? I need don't see a need to one would need to update controllers. An update to input would usually just be in a system update.

Last edited by GoldenBullet,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are they planning on patching out third party controller? I need don't see a need to one would need to update controllers.
  • Improve battery usage.
  • Fix disconnection problems (unsynching).
  • Add functionality (finding controllers).
  • Reduce lag.
  • Etc. etc. (controllers are updatable in all major consoles)

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Improve battery usage.
  • Fix disconnection problems (unsynching).
  • Add functionality (finding controllers).
  • Reduce lag.
  • Etc. etc. (controllers are updatable in all major consoles)
I just think that this stuff could just be on regular updates. I have an 8bitdo controller so forgive me for being skeptical.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
That's actually a really good update for one. :) Not sure my Switch has auto-updated but will check.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
btw, my right joy-con was updated, wonder what that was about... it did have a lot of disconnect issues, i will check if it's better now.

update: ok, just tried it, since they came from repair my right joy-con was, and still is, disconnecting more than my left one... worthless joy-con update!

Last edited by Elusivo,

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read on another site, the switch got official support for the 8bitdo's old firmware along with this update. Something to due with the firmware coding of the pokken control pads being similar to the coding of the 8bitdo's. Makes you wonder if Nintendo stole lines of code from 8bitdo.

KiTA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated since the Day 1 patch, but now apparently the Switch detects there's a firmware and unlike the 3DS, is demanding I install it before it'll run any physical carts.

So... Dumb questions.

1. Is there a way to bypass this and remain on the old firmware after this nag screen has been triggered?
2. Is there a way to block this from happening in the future?
3. Is there any reason to stay pre-3.0 at this time? (A quick glance suggests no, no reason to avoid it for Homebrew / CFW so far.)

Edit: Well now I feel dumb, apparently it's only Disgaea 5 that's demanding I update. BOTW isn't.

Last edited by KiTA,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1