Homebrew o3ds to n3ds

RoyalLemons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 2 old 3ds systems. One's an XL and they're both running at version 9.2, while also remaining unmodded in anyway.
Though i'm tempted to trade them in for a new 3ds, there is a chance the system will come fully updated as my local store only sells preowned and/or refurbished systems.
I own cubic ninja so homebrew is accessible on both of them, though I was wondering the limitations of a n3ds 11.6 with cubic ninja. Can i still install cfw is what i'm most curious about.

I also am clueless where to start with homebrew and eventually cfw on both an o3ds and n3ds as it's been ages since i've done anything with that regard. So if there's any notable tutorials or other details I must be aware of, it'd do a world of good.

Thanks to anyone willing to help!

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 old 3ds systems. One's an XL and they're both running at version 9.2, while also remaining unmodded in anyway.
Though i'm tempted to trade them in for a new 3ds, there is a chance the system will come fully updated as my local store only sells preowned and/or refurbished systems.
I own cubic ninja so homebrew is accessible on both of them, though I was wondering the limitations of a n3ds 11.6 with cubic ninja. Can i still install cfw is what i'm most curious about.

I also am clueless where to start with homebrew and eventually cfw on both an o3ds and n3ds as it's been ages since i've done anything with that regard. So if there's any notable tutorials or other details I must be aware of, it'd do a world of good.

Thanks to anyone willing to help!
You are extremely lucky, and I highly suggest trading in one of those 3ds consoles for a n3ds/n2ds. All you need to do is use soundhax/cubic ninja to launch Homebrew from the o3ds. You install cfw on it, then you update to the latest firmware. From there, you buy a compatible dsiware game on the eShop, inject a modded save into it, and system transfer your o3ds 3ds to the new 3ds. Then you launch the game on the new 3ds and install cfw. It's a bit more complex than that, but that's the gist. Once you're all set up, you can find the guide to do it here: https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection).

Last edited by Giodude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked