o3ds on luma black screen after update?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by lemmings123, Dec 26, 2016.

1. lemmings123
    OP

lemmings123 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2010
    hi. my son clicked update on his o3ds running luma a9lh. has been working fine usually with updates and my 3dsxl seems to have updated no problem. his just seems to boot to a black screen and freeze everytime. I can boot to the luma configuration screen holding select. can I save this or do I have to go through a restore or something? it's been a while since I followed plailects guide and can't seem to find a definitive answer. thanks in advance

2. MuratTemp

MuratTemp GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Can you make a screenshot of the sd card? (The Files) O

We need more information to help you.

3. lemmings123
    OP

lemmings123 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2010
    [​IMG]

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

[​IMG]

4. satan89

satan89 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2014
    India
    Limbo
    Maybe the 3ds had some custom theme before updating? I don't know if that could cause an issue like this.
    Try deleting homemenu ext data folder on the SD card and then try again.

5. JordenNixNix

JordenNixNix GBAtemp Regular

Feb 11, 2012
    Belgium
    lemmings123 likes this.
  6. lemmings123
    OP

lemmings123 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2010
    not sure exactly what the problem was but it seems to be fine now. thankyou for your help. I had a look at the link you posted and went to test the developer options...which wasn't there. it was still running v5.5. I updated the arm9loaderhax.bin to v6.? the latest anyway and tried the err display again. it booted straight up with no svc error so i guess the original file corrupted or something?? anyway I have a happy lil boy again. thanks and merry Xmas

7. MuratTemp

MuratTemp GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Did your son update it from the Home Menu or from the settings?

Because if he did update it from the Home Menu,the 3ds might be bricked,do you have a Nandbackup and can you access to Hourglass before the 3ds is booting?

8. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Did you even read the thread? His latest post indicates that it's working now.

Also I don't see how updating from Home Menu can cause a brick. What's the point of Luma Updater if you can't use it?