Hardware O3DS is better than N3DSXL

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has to be said that microSD Management doesn't work with anything but Windows, because people may expect it to work with Mac/Linux with samba. but it doesn't. this is not the right place to spawn an OS debate, please.

You made your choice to buy a computer incompatible with the vast majority of everything, so don't whine about it here, please. You are welcome to enjoy what you will, but understand that, from a business standpoint, supporting the Mac is throwing your cash down a well. There is literally no compelling reason whatsoever to do so.

Reactions: nero99

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You made your choice to buy a computer incompatible with the vast majority of everything, so don't whine about it here, please. You are welcome to enjoy what you will, but understand that, from a business standpoint, supporting the Mac is throwing your cash down a well. There is literally no compelling reason whatsoever to do so.
the only thing I see here is just complaining about the opinions of operating systems, which isn't the topic here. besides, it's still useful information to know. I'm not the only Mac/Linux user here...

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only thing I see here is just complaining about the opinions of operating systems, which isn't the topic here. besides, it's still useful information to know. I'm not the only Mac/Linux user here...

No, it's not useful. You're bitching about the fact that transfer isn't compatible with your Mac. Oh well, get over it.

LoloLakitu

Shwowow Schogog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Who even said he had a Mac? Some people are simply against the poor business practices of Microsoft. I use linux because I don't want my information being stolen by Microsoft. But as it was already said, this is not an OS debate.

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who even said he had a Mac?

Seriously?

Who even said he...

Oh for the love of...

iWKad22.jpg

Reactions: McHaggis

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who even said he had a Mac? Some people are simply against the poor business practices of Microsoft. I use linux because I don't want my information being stolen by Microsoft. But as it was already said, this is not an OS debate.
this. you told me to "get a PC", which is irrelevant to the topic. not everyone here uses Windows so they may want to know that microSD Management may not work for their OS. Windows is not the only OS out there. and now this is still going so I'm out

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just "this"d a post by someone who wasn't even smart enough to tell that you had a Mac, fella.

Your peanut gallery isn't exactly the tastiest can of nuts, you know.

Reactions: nero99

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why even give a shit what kind of computer someone else uses across the planet?

I don't. I really, really don't.

But when you use the Mac, you have to understand what you're getting. You are entering Apple's Walled Garden, an ecosystem of entry barriers that requires a certain understanding. When you buy a Mac, you know that you're buying something that is not going to be naturally compatible with everything. You're eschewing PC versions of The Phantom Pain and the Resident Evil Remaster. If the Mac gets something, one understands that it has to pass all the barriers to entry for that platform and thus is expected to work better on the Mac because of the hurdles than anywhere else.

But it's a mindset that requires understanding that there will not be PC versions of the vast majority of things out there, and the acceptance of such. In a discussion, when talking about a wireless file transfer protocol from PC to 3DS, it is the understanding that Nintendo has never supported Mac versions of any of their file transfer software and hardware- they didn't do it with the USB Network adapter. It is not relevant to suddenly interject into the conversation 'But it doesn't work on the Mac". And why?

Because we already know.

Anyone who is a hardcore Mac user knows what it's like- what it's always been like. Staring down the vast aisle of PC software, scanning for the few boxes that were Mac-Compatible. It was damned frustrating- buying a computer that was faster, better built, more stable and thousands of dollars more expensive than the competition, yet being stuck with barely anything to run on it. And yes, it is better than it was, back in the Windows 9x days when the PC was getting dozens of emulators and the Mac was stuck with early versions of iNes. Back then, we were happy to get freaking Doom II, and we played it with a four button Gravis Gamepad. That was what the reality was.

With the advent of Unix-based OSX, yes, it is better. But it is still a very, very small business entity in a very big, big world.

As I've said- you made your peace with that reality when you bought your Mac. That is your way, and you are welcome to it. But you must abide by the understanding that there will be countless mentions of PC utilities brought up in discussions, none of which have Mac counterparts, and you must understand that it will always be the way of things.

Last edited by Muffins,

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
The majority of popular applications are either available on Mac OS X or have a reasonable alternative. Granted, the main exception is gaming, but not everyone is interested in gaming on their computer and, if they are, Wine is an amazing tool which helps run many games in OS X and Linux. There are many reasons to prefer OS X over Windows and there are some people who don't have much of a choice if they want to, for example, compile iOS applications. There are even some people who may regret buying a Mac for the reasons you state, but cannot afford to purchase a Windows PC to replace it.

What I'm saying is, throwing around statements like "buy a PC, then," is unhelpful and contributes nothing to the discussion. Frankly, it makes you come off as a bit of a dick.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But you must abide by the understanding that there will be countless mentions of PC utilities brought up in discussions, none of which have Mac counterparts, and you must understand that it will always be the way of things.
lol your conclusion is an opinion and that opinion is perpetuated by itself . . . if no one bitched/stated/cared about the fact that there are no compatible/comparable app every time there was none for there os then there would be little to no reason to create one and as such it would remain that way forever the only way to change is . . . to stop living in the stone age where we do things because there is no choice and openly accept it (with smiles). change is inspired by discontent not by jumping on the most popular thing and telling everyone who did not that they (by proxy of there different setup than yours) should shut up and accept there scraps. get over yourself your choice in buying a windows pc does not make you more entitled than anyone . . . lol . . . and people call me rude

and also . . . real smooth man claim you block people because of this
when the real reason is this
What I'm saying is, throwing around statements like "buy a PC, then," is unhelpful and contributes nothing to the discussion. Frankly, it makes you come off as a bit of a dick.

well i said my peace and it contradicts your opinion . . . looks like im gonna get blocked too . . . lol

Reactions: ihaveahax

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
No intelligent person in their entire lives has ever, ever uttered the words "TL:DR" and expected to come across as cogent.
No intelligent person uses the term "uttered" for something that's written and not spoken, either. Nor would they consign someone to an ignore list just because their feelings are hurt and try and mask the reason for it as something else. An intelligent person would probably be stable enough not to need an ignore list for people that aren't flooding a thread with hundreds of useless posts.

No hard feelings, though. ;-)

EDIT: for what it's worth, I was merely defending the Mac users from blanket statements from people that think choosing an OS is black and white. I have a Mac OS X for work and a Windows 10/Ubuntu laptop for personal use. When I started my job, they asked me which machine I would prefer and I chose the Mac because it was the lesser of three evils. Windows has a terrible command line interface and Linux operating systems are unreliable with certain hardware combinations and can be frustrating to configure. Macs are, indeed, overpriced but I didn't pay for it so I don't really care. If choosing a new home machine, I would go for Linux/Windows again as any issues I had wouldn't interfere with my work.

In the end, people will choose their devices and operating system for more reasons than gaming or app compatibility. To reiterate, it's unhelpful and pointless to reply to posts with "buy (or build) a PC" if they're having problems with one specific application or feature.

Last edited by McHaggis,
Reactions: ihaveahax

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't. I really, really don't.

But when you use the Mac, you have to understand what you're getting. You are entering Apple's Walled Garden, an ecosystem of entry barriers that requires a certain understanding. When you buy a Mac, you know that you're buying something that is not going to be naturally compatible with everything. You're eschewing PC versions of The Phantom Pain and the Resident Evil Remaster. If the Mac gets something, one understands that it has to pass all the barriers to entry for that platform and thus is expected to work better on the Mac because of the hurdles than anywhere else.

But it's a mindset that requires understanding that there will not be PC versions of the vast majority of things out there, and the acceptance of such. In a discussion, when talking about a wireless file transfer protocol from PC to 3DS, it is the understanding that Nintendo has never supported Mac versions of any of their file transfer software and hardware- they didn't do it with the USB Network adapter. It is not relevant to suddenly interject into the conversation 'But it doesn't work on the Mac". And why?

Because we already know.

Anyone who is a hardcore Mac user knows what it's like- what it's always been like. Staring down the vast aisle of PC software, scanning for the few boxes that were Mac-Compatible. It was damned frustrating- buying a computer that was faster, better built, more stable and thousands of dollars more expensive than the competition, yet being stuck with barely anything to run on it. And yes, it is better than it was, back in the Windows 9x days when the PC was getting dozens of emulators and the Mac was stuck with early versions of iNes. Back then, we were happy to get freaking Doom II, and we played it with a four button Gravis Gamepad. That was what the reality was.

With the advent of Unix-based OSX, yes, it is better. But it is still a very, very small business entity in a very big, big world.

As I've said- you made your peace with that reality when you bought your Mac. That is your way, and you are welcome to it. But you must abide by the understanding that there will be countless mentions of PC utilities brought up in discussions, none of which have Mac counterparts, and you must understand that it will always be the way of things.
Coming from linux (and from windows before it), I've found that you can do almost anything in OSX with brew, ports and friends and some Linux/UNIX proficiency.
So, not so much barriers there.
That said, if it doesn't work on a Mac, it just doesn't. And you perhaps can make it work with some headaches (tm), that you get used to and can bare if you chose it that way.
Worst case scenario, you can run some VirtualBox, Bootcamp or even wine in some cases. Nobody promised OSX compatibility. If we are asking for unpromised things I will start complaining it doesn't work with my C64.

Reactions: McHaggis

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming from linux (and from windows before it), I've found that you can do almost anything in OSX with brew, ports and friends and some Linux/UNIX proficiency.
So, not so much barriers there.
That said, if it doesn't work on a Mac, it just doesn't. And you perhaps can make it work with some headaches (tm), that you get used to and can bare if you chose it that way.
Worst case scenario, you can run some VirtualBox, Bootcamp or even wine in some cases. Nobody promised OSX compatibility. If we are asking for unpromised things I will start complaining it doesn't work with my C64.

Veho has instructed me to drop it, so I am not allowed to post anything except my profound and utter respect for you and the moderators.

All hail Veho!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.