Hardware O3DS is better than N3DSXL

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried a n3DS in GameStop before, and the 3D on Majora's Mask was pretty damn cool. The 3D works well, when it actually works. Makes me wonder why Nintendo didn't have the camera track your head on the o3DS, it kinda makes sense, and puts the useless camera to work. But, sadly after around 5 minutes, my head and eyes started hurting, so I stopped. If it didn't hurt my eyes/head, and if all games were that different in 3D, I'd honestly probably go out and buy one for the 3D alone.

porko

Trophies
XP
Country
the o3dsxl has the best shell shape, the rounded edges are comfy and make it feel thinner than it is.

the n3ds has the best hinge, it 'thuds' into place, no clicking. the xls are the worst, they're a floppy mess.

the n3ds stylus is horrible, short and skinny.

the o3ds had the best and loudest speakers.

the position and actual buttons for home, start and select on the o3ds and o3dsxl suck.

my black n3ds with clear blue and red oras plates is going to look amazing.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

bidiminished

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The O3DS XL had a better SD card location. On the N3DS XL, it is not only difficult and inconvenient to remove, but the thin plastic backplate feels like it will easily break, especially at the flashcart slot.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The O3DS XL had a better SD card location. On the N3DS XL, it is not only difficult and inconvenient to remove, but the thin plastic backplate feels like it will easily break, especially at the flashcart slot.
before I switched to a standard model (and later removed the screws from the plate), I quite easily cracked the bottom plate of my New3DS XL. I suggest removing the screws if you need to get to the microSD card often.

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's that way because unless you're actively upgrading the card, you shouldn't have to remove it. The New 3DS systems support wireless file transfer, which allows data management between a system and a PC without taking it out.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's that way because unless you're actively upgrading the card, you shouldn't have to remove it. The New 3DS systems support wireless file transfer, which allows data management between a system and a PC without taking it out.
only supports Windows, so Linux/Mac users can't use microSD Management. Samba doesn't seem to want to work for some reason.

also, it sucks for transferring large files around.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not sure about n3dsxl but I have both a o3ds and a o3dsxl and the o3ds stereoscopic accuracy blows xl out of the water.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto