o3DS HOME Menu issue

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Yandere-chan, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Yandere-chan
    OP

Yandere-chan The One and Only

Nov 11, 2016
    United States
    Hidden in your NAND
    When on the Home Menu, the A button on the 3DS is the only button that works. I inserted a cartridge game and the controls were perfect on the game (Mario 3D) but, not Home Menu? What's with this, and is there a known fix?

2. SirECK

SirECK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    This is a good one. I assume the Circle pad and D pad work at least in the home menu?

3. Yandere-chan
    OP

Nov 11, 2016
    United States
    Hidden in your NAND
    No.

4. SirECK

SirECK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    If everything is working in a game it must be software related but I have never seen anything like this before.
    Is you system modded? If so can you boot a payload like GM9 and see if anything working in there?
    Also does the touch screen touch work?

5. Yandere-chan
    OP

Nov 11, 2016
    United States
    Hidden in your NAND
    Touch screen is unresponsive on the HOME menu, everything works fine in B9S payloads (GodMode9, Decrypt9, etc). I have a backup from a few days ago (3 days before this happened) when my 3DS was on 9.2 with B9S and Luma 8.1, shall I restore it? (Kinda don't wanna get rid of my stuff I currently have on my 3DS but.)

6. SirECK

SirECK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    You can try it. If you made the backup when you had the games installed they wont go anywhere.

7. Yandere-chan
    OP

Nov 11, 2016
    United States
    Hidden in your NAND
    Restored my NAND backup, still broken. ;(

8. SirECK

SirECK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    Not sure if this is related but https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/69182161

or this:

What this post and youtube video shows does make sense. Failing that if you have B9S installed takeout the SD card and to a system recovery.
    If the problem still exists you might need to send it into Nintendo for repair but you would have to kinda remove B9S.