Homebrew (O3DS) Changing SD Card?

brii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm putting homebrew on a friends 3DS because they wanna use the ACNL save editor.
I followed the guide and did the whole thing on a 2 GB SD,but found I didn't have enough room by the time I finished. I put everything on a 4 GB I found and tried to start the process again through Soundhax,but I got this error:
FullSizeRender.jpg

Sorry for big image,took it with my phone and kind of in a hurry. I don't really know what the problem is,but did I mess up? It's an old 3DS on 11.3 by the way.

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try it again? You've seemed to have done it right, might've just been a "random" crash.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you finished the hacking process and switched to a bigger sd. Now you think you have to hack it again? All you have to do is copy/paste the sd contents to a new sd in order to switch cards.

brii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try it again? You've seemed to have done it right, might've just been a "random" crash.
Yeah, I've tried it a couple times. The only thread that I've seen anywhere similar to this mentioned the word 'brick' so my anxiety's through the roof right now since its not my system lol.

Pyra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've tried it a couple times. The only thread that I've seen anywhere similar to this mentioned the word 'brick' so my anxiety's through the roof right now since its not my system lol.
It's not a brick, Don't worry.

Um, best I can say to do woukd be to backup the SD card and check it for errors. If the SD card is fine, someone else is gonna have to help.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

brii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, you finished the hacking process and switched to a bigger sd. Now you think you have to hack it again? All you have to do is copy/paste the sd contents to a new sd in order to switch cards.
I thought that was the case too, but when I did that it looked like it did when I first got it from my friend: nothing on it.
It's not like I have no experience,I've done this before on my own system and was able to just copy/paste it when it happened to me. I don't know if that means I missed something when I did it on friend's?
It's not a brick, Don't worry.
Hey,thanks. :ha:

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure what that means. If you copied everythung from 1 sd to another, how is there nothing on it?

Either way, if the hack is complete, just go through the prepwork sections of the guide, make sure you have all files and that they are placed properly. That should fix the issue.

brii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just go through the prepwork sections of the guide, make sure you have all files and that they are placed properly. That should fix the issue.
I've got all my files, but I can't open soundhax from the 3DS sound channel to even start.
Just to see, I put the original SD in,redownloaded the soundhax file and it gives the same dump when I try to launch it.
58e915beeb97430e819064f2.png

If it helps,these are the files on the new card.

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In your original post, you said "I followed the guide and did the whole thing on a 2gb" so I'm not understanding why you are trying to hack it when it's already hacked? I just don't have a complete picture of what's going on here. Maybe someone else knows.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only way I know of is to reflash the system. that should downgrade b9s or even reflash a9lh. that should allow for a lower version of luma. luma 8.0 is b9s 1.2 only, so I think that's ur only option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1