O3DS 10.5 emuNAND Problems

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JuniorTerra, Feb 11, 2016.

1. JuniorTerra
    OP

JuniorTerra Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    United States
    I'm trying to update a freind's o3ds emuNAND to 10.5 but whenever I access emuNAND after upgrading it says "Preparing to start the HOME menu" and then it goes completely black. I made a back up of his emuNAND so I just restore it and try again. Anyone know what's going on?

2. Games&Stuff

Games&Stuff GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Belgium
    Maybe some data is corrupted?

3. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    I remember having this exact problem. I think it was because menuhax was installed on that emuNAND (since it was a copy of the sysNAND on which there used to be menuhax before it got formatted).
    You should have a Nintendo 3DS folder in your 3DS, and several folders with ugly names in it (and a "Private" one, but no one cares). What happens if you rename the biggest (in size) one of them to something else (just add a "lolnope" at the beginning, you'll need that folder later) ?

4. Games&Stuff

Games&Stuff GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2015
    Belgium
    If it is because menuhax is set up in emunand, just click on the thememanager and it should delete it off your emunand.

5. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    That's menuhax indeed. Hold L when it says 'preparing' (or any other key(s) you've set up of course), that should get you into the home menu. Then select a theme.

6. JuniorTerra
    OP

JuniorTerra Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    United States
    Sorry I couldn't respond (internet died). I've tried holding L when booting emuNAND but that doesn't do a thing. His 9.2 emuNAND works perfectly fine but it's 10.5 that has the problem. Why would menuhax become a problem when upgrading to 10.5 when 9.2 emuNAND has a theme.

7. Sukid

Sukid Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2010
    United States
    What I had to do is I had to delete the user data on my SD card. It's okay, it will make a new one and redownload all your content when you need to. It'll be in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder, as a folder with a bunch of numbers in the name.
    (if you unlinked your sysnand you'll have two, the bigger one will undoubtably be your original)

When you delete it the emunand will start properly and make a new one. :)

8. JuniorTerra
    OP

JuniorTerra Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 20, 2015
    United States
    This fixed it thank you.

9. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    What's the difference between what he said and what I said ? Not that I care, but I wonder why you only fixed your problem now and not before. If that's because my english isn't understandable (which can be the case sometimes, I'm French), I'd like to know what wasn't clear.

10. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    You are too kind. OP was expecting the solution in the first line. Your english is good enough. Just a matter of TL;DR and post time. OP just went to the first solution it found, and it was the latest post when he got in.

11. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Ok, makes sense. But since I really already had times where I said things and people understood other things, I still asked if that was the case again here, we never know.

12. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 16, 2015
    From my experience: if what you are trying to say is not complex, don't write too much. More text usually leads to more mistakes.

I actually liked more the "L" solution. It was more clean, and no reinstalls needed.

Last edited by Urbanshadow, Feb 12, 2016
  13. tony_2018

tony_2018 GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    Keep answers short, majority of members here don't like to read. Thats been proven ALOT.

Urbanshadow likes this.
  14. Sukid

Sukid Member

Newcomer
    Jan 20, 2010
    United States
    Aha, actually, if I remember my frantic attempts to fix hte problem and my googling on it I'm pretty sure your post actually clued me in to how to fix it, Hayleia. Then I promptly forgot that this was the thread I found your post in and just saw the last post of a person having issues and I talked about it. So sorry about that. :x