Hardware NZBule's AGB-008 battery pack mod prototype for Gameboy Advance (AGB-001)

nzbule

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi there

Not sure if many people would be interested in this or not, but I've been working on a prototype for a rechargeable battery pack for the gba.

You can check my progress here :

I wanted to make something that would not need any modification to the console, supported usb charging while in use, and used an official cover on the back.

I also wanted something that used nimh batteries as they are a bit safer and use closer to the correct voltage than lipo, so there's no extra heat or voltage loss.

Anyway, that's what I've come up with so far, I'll update when I've made my next revision if people are interested in seeing more.

Attachments

• IMG_20200416_004316.jpg
    IMG_20200416_004316.jpg
    865.5 KB · Views: 680

nzbule

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Looks great. Can't wait for an update ;)
Are you going to produce them?

I wasn't planning to produce them as I would need to find a big enough supply of AGB-008s to make a decent run.

My current plan is to create a tutorial on how to make one, once I have a finalized design I am happy with.

If anyone does want to make one in the future, I would recommend keeping an eye out for an ABG-008 in good condition as they suffer from the same clip breakage as the regular battery covers do.

Reactions: koffieleut

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative