NX-Shell - Multipurpose File Manager for Nintendo Switch

NX Shell is a multi-purpose file manager for the Nintendo Switch that aims towards handling various file types while keeping the basic necessities of a standard file manager. Initially the project was inspired by LineageOS/CyanogenMod's file manager for android, and even had a similar design approach to that of the famous Android file manager. However, it has been re-written from scratch, now using more up to date tools and libraries.

icon.jpg

Features:
- See README.md

zuiorgO.jpg

FfkFEkA.jpg

tJiNmwa.jpg

feHQMIJ.jpg

Controls:
Code:
- Press X to bring up options.
- Press A to confirm/enter directory.
- Press B to cancel/leave directory.
- Press Y to multi-select items.
- Press Minus to bring up settings.

Download

Last edited by Joel16,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, it's been a while.
During this time I've been pursuing other projects but I think I'll finally get back to this now. Due to several problems and lack of maintenance on the mupdf module (pdf/ebook reader) further updates will no longer include the ebook reader. Rock88 implemented it during the early days of NX-Shell, and I'm not too familiar with mupdf myself to continue working on it, nor do I have the time to invest learning more about it at the moment. This is basically holding me back from working on this program, because I don't like to work with something I'm not familiar with. This doesn't mean we won't see it in the future, I just don't want to be working on this semi working/broken feature at the moment. I hope you guys understand.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, it's been a while.
During this time I've been pursuing other projects but I think I'll finally get back to this now. Due to several problems and lack of maintenance on the mupdf module (pdf/ebook reader) further updates will no longer include the ebook reader. Rock88 implemented it during the early days of NX-Shell, and I'm not too familiar with mupdf myself to continue working on it, nor do I have the time to invest learning more about it at the moment. This is basically holding me back from working on this program, because I don't like to work with something I'm not familiar with. This doesn't mean we won't see it in the future, I just don't want to be working on this semi working/broken feature at the moment. I hope you guys understand.
Welcome back B-) All good with me. Maybe someone will do you a pull request for ebooks if they're particularly bothered. Look forward to seeing what you do next.

D

Deleted-379826

So I'm trying to use the image viewer to read manga. (Flipping through .pngs) but I always get a crash after flipping through three or four images. Yes I am using through the HBL NSP. Pretty strange. Any idea?

Last edited by ,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to use the image viewer to read manga. (Flipping through .pngs) but I always get a crash after flipping through three or four images. Yes I am using through the HBL NSP. Pretty strange. Any idea?

Does it happen if you return (press B) then open the next image? Or does it only happen if you use the directional buttons to navigate through them?

AdrianTepes

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wanna update from version 1.03 to 1.20. It's just paste the new "NX-Shell.nro" over the old one in the microsd \switch\NX-Shell ?
thnks for the help

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna update from version 1.03 to 1.20. It's just paste the new "NX-Shell.nro" over the old one in the microsd \switch\NX-Shell ?
thnks for the help
Yes. However if you do have a folder called (which you should) "NX-Shell" in /switch, it's best to delete it and create a new one.

Last edited by Joel16,

AnotherAlternative

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A text editor would be great, espcially for editing and testing oc and uc on sys-clk.

@hausa51, I tried that app but it has issues with the cursor in the wrong position, enter doesn't work and a few other bugs that haven't been fixed and likely won't be either.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most people who develop for the switch don't want to make things for sxos, until there are real usb drivers made for the switch by a decent dev who wants usb support, no one will use the crap driver from tx.

I use it, and I would consider myself decent.

@Joel16 if you want to add SX USB support, you dont need to do anything special, just reference "usbhdd:/", SX automatically mounts the point for you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NeoGaming @ NeoGaming: shut up