NX-Shell - Multipurpose File Manager for Nintendo Switch

Hello everyone, the new release with the much requested USB support is finally here! (Couldn't have done it without @DarkMatterCore's usb library) It's worth mentioning since it is such a big update (backend changes and FS refactor) there *may* be some issues, but the only way I can find and fix those is through you guys! However rest assured, I did run a lot of tests myself to make sure it is functioning as expected. If I waited a month, it would've been exactly 2 years since the last release 🥺.

icon.jpg

Change-log:

• FS:
    • Added support for browsing USB devices.
    • Switched back to libc to handle FS operations.
    • Brought back support for browsing other devices such as safe, user and system.
  • GUI:
    • Update to imGui v1.88.
    • Switch to imGui's new keyEvent API.
    • The two views (File Browser and Settings) can now be navigated as tabs.
    • Switched from list view to a table view using imGui's table API.
    • Sorting is no longer applied from settings, it can be done directly by clicking on the table column headers.
    • A new selector has been added to allow the user to switch to different devices such as safe, user, USB etc.
    • Settings are no longer categorized by imGui's tree system.
    • No longer uses SDL2 as a backend, but instead uses opengl v3 directly (along with egl).
  • Fixes:
    • Properly delete config file if the config file version is outdated.
    • Properly free textures after exiting application.
    • Fixed scrolling via the right joystick after zooming into an image.
    • Lots of code clean up and under the hood changes that are too many to list here.

f43g1ya.jpg

3dU0ciU.jpg

2022080419235500-a282ce99633b844e0497db963451d670-jpg.321175

Download: https://github.com/joel16/NX-Shell/releases

Last edited by Joel16,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, it's been a while.
During this time I've been pursuing other projects but I think I'll finally get back to this now. Due to several problems and lack of maintenance on the mupdf module (pdf/ebook reader) further updates will no longer include the ebook reader. Rock88 implemented it during the early days of NX-Shell, and I'm not too familiar with mupdf myself to continue working on it, nor do I have the time to invest learning more about it at the moment. This is basically holding me back from working on this program, because I don't like to work with something I'm not familiar with. This doesn't mean we won't see it in the future, I just don't want to be working on this semi working/broken feature at the moment. I hope you guys understand.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, it's been a while.
During this time I've been pursuing other projects but I think I'll finally get back to this now. Due to several problems and lack of maintenance on the mupdf module (pdf/ebook reader) further updates will no longer include the ebook reader. Rock88 implemented it during the early days of NX-Shell, and I'm not too familiar with mupdf myself to continue working on it, nor do I have the time to invest learning more about it at the moment. This is basically holding me back from working on this program, because I don't like to work with something I'm not familiar with. This doesn't mean we won't see it in the future, I just don't want to be working on this semi working/broken feature at the moment. I hope you guys understand.
Welcome back B-) All good with me. Maybe someone will do you a pull request for ebooks if they're particularly bothered. Look forward to seeing what you do next.

D

Deleted-379826

So I'm trying to use the image viewer to read manga. (Flipping through .pngs) but I always get a crash after flipping through three or four images. Yes I am using through the HBL NSP. Pretty strange. Any idea?

Last edited by ,

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to use the image viewer to read manga. (Flipping through .pngs) but I always get a crash after flipping through three or four images. Yes I am using through the HBL NSP. Pretty strange. Any idea?

Does it happen if you return (press B) then open the next image? Or does it only happen if you use the directional buttons to navigate through them?

uzimakiuchiha

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can that edit cheat formats? I know they stop working if their format is wrong (happened when I saved them in an online text editor instead of notepad or wordpad)

Last edited by uzimakiuchiha,

AdrianTepes

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wanna update from version 1.03 to 1.20. It's just paste the new "NX-Shell.nro" over the old one in the microsd \switch\NX-Shell ?
thnks for the help

Joel16

Ils ne passeront pas
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna update from version 1.03 to 1.20. It's just paste the new "NX-Shell.nro" over the old one in the microsd \switch\NX-Shell ?
thnks for the help
Yes. However if you do have a folder called (which you should) "NX-Shell" in /switch, it's best to delete it and create a new one.

Last edited by Joel16,

AnotherAlternative

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A text editor would be great, espcially for editing and testing oc and uc on sys-clk.

@hausa51, I tried that app but it has issues with the cursor in the wrong position, enter doesn't work and a few other bugs that haven't been fixed and likely won't be either.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most people who develop for the switch don't want to make things for sxos, until there are real usb drivers made for the switch by a decent dev who wants usb support, no one will use the crap driver from tx.

I use it, and I would consider myself decent.

@Joel16 if you want to add SX USB support, you dont need to do anything special, just reference "usbhdd:/", SX automatically mounts the point for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Fucking lame. Thread viewed 1000 times and only one reply that doesnt even answer what I asked.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.
    I mean. All I ask was for people to see if ONE, SINGLE website is working properly in edge. 1000 people see it but cant be bothered at all
    Ready to just leave this place anyway. The amount of shit talking and bullying behavior that goes unchecked is crazy. No where else do I see this shit towards me and others. Not even on reddit have I been talked to like I have here by other members
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I did read the last sentence in your post by the way. Maybe try changing the privacy settings in your browser to standard if that works.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've also heard that Chromium-based browsers will stop working with ad-blockers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Please dont go we need you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I really learned not to give a fuck what others do online it's helped ease my mind try it sometime.
    @SylverReZ That reply to you was when we werent on good terms. lol. I tried everything. Changing privacy settings etc.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Fuck Chromium. Firefox 4evar.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    (Firefox 4 now, anyway. Let's see if they pull some crap too.)
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Netscape ftw
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Funny enough went to download chrome Bing gave error installed Firefox fine
    +1
    Thing is , the videos work fine in the Edge Dev and Canary builds. But whatever the fix they made was, has never been pushed to Beta or Stable builds. Its been that way for as far back as I tested. Which was Edge 84. They are on 125 now.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Yeah, and I was in quite a mood at that time. I would consider choosing Firefox or Opera instead, been using Firefox for over 7 years now than Chrome.
    Tried contacting Nintendo to see if they can reach out to MS about it. But Nintendo said the videos are working fine. Without enough people saying no, they don't work fine, it will never get fixed.
    I have Firefox and used it for many years. But Edge runs noticible faster on my pc at both opening and loading pages.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't think Nintendo will know anything about troubleshooting Edge. They mostly do technical support regarding their console family.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell them you downloaded their trailer without permission
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Good one, Ken.
    Right. But they could create a ticket that gets forwarded to the proper team. I think Nintendo would care that their videos aren't working on a major borwser.
    LOL K3N. HAHAH!
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: LOL K3N. HAHAH!