Nvidia's RTX Remix has now entered open beta

After several showcases by Nvidia for its new RTX Remix project, they have finally opened up the project as an open beta for modders to start developing and improving older games.

Not all games are compatible with RTX Remix though, as Nvidia mentions DirectX8 and DirectX9 games are better suited for this tool, with a full list of said games available here. The new tool offers modders the ability to completely remaster and revamp older games' textures, and even improve the lighting of the original games through the tool itself. RTX Remix offers a generative AI tool that analyzes textures from the original game, and generated a revamped texture based on accurate materials, with the option to have physically based rendering (PBR) for textures that react to light. This doesn't mean that the tool is a one-click thing and call it a day, since the user needs to tweak the textures accordingly depending on how much they should shine, or be matte instead.

The project also implements ray-tracing, DLSS 3 and Nvidia Reflex for reduced latency for an even smoother experience for those that want to remaster old titles.

:arrow: Source

Paralel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is quite impressive. This could potentially give life to old games in ways that are almost difficult to comprehend. NVidia really pulls out some major surprises every so often.

At the moment it looks like they are focusing on modders doing the work, so major community investment, which will happen for some titles due to the love of the community for them. But, honestly, the companies that own the IP for some of these titles would be crazy not to do the work themselves and then sell an "updated" version of the game for a few bucks and get some quick and easy cash for minimal effort.

If this actually happens we could be on the cusp of a renaissance for older games that were never remastered.

Last edited by Paralel,

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as the "remixed" games will run on any newer graphics card (besides Nvidia), just without ray tracing and DLSS, I'll be golden
the whole point of remixing them is to add ray tracing and dlss, not sure why you would want to play them without instead of the original version.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After several showcases by Nvidia for its new RTX Remix project, they have finally opened up the project as an open beta for modders to start developing and improving older games.

Not all games are compatible with RTX Remix though, as Nvidia mentions DirectX8 and DirectX9 games are better suited for this tool, with a full list of said games available here. The new tool offers modders the ability to completely remaster and revamp older games' textures, and even improve the lighting of the original games through the tool itself. RTX Remix offers a generative AI tool that analyzes textures from the original game, and generated a revamped texture based on accurate materials, with the option to have physically based rendering (PBR) for textures that react to light. This doesn't mean that the tool is a one-click thing and call it a day, since the user needs to tweak the textures accordingly depending on how much they should shine, or be matte instead.

The project also implements ray-tracing, DLSS 3 and Nvidia Reflex for reduced latency for an even smoother experience for those that want to remaster old titles.

:arrow: Source

I mean it looks nice but I'm not a big fan. The source assets just stand out and are so iconic that them all just being replaced with such generic ones really saddens me

Reactions: BLOCKMINER3000

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I hope someone uploads videos of Fable since it's compatible. Wonder how bad Sims 4's performance would tank with RTX on.

cisADMlN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh gosh GTA San Andreas. 20 years hardware advancement, an encyclopedia's worth of unofficial patches, it's still one of the most broken PC ports ever produced.
Why exaggerate, I 100% the steam version every year for fun (tons of downtime at work) and never encounter any crashes or bugs to completion 😒

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
AMD graphics are better because they offer greater rasterised performance for a lower price point and they aren't starved of VRAM :^)
c15f703230b9873e118d478cec62c941a7cb2288.gifv

Shut up, that's a fanboy-ism lingo.
They are both excellent!

Post automatically merged:

A tool that improves old pc games in real time!?
Nice. Basically every old gamer wet dream cane true (pun intended).
yeah "improves"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...