Nvidia overscan issue need help pls?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Centrix, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Centrix
    OP

Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    I bought a Apex 39 inch Led lcd tv about a week ago and it runs amazingly great, however im having issues with what I can only guess from what I have read on it is and overscan issue either with Nvidia or my Tv. Has any one else had overscanning issues with nvidia and flat panel tvs before? It seems to be a common issue, how do I fix thus problem guys? Everything else displays correctly from my game consoles to my cable tv its just my pc, if I use the resize option in nvidia everything fits but I loose resolution, pls help thanks again guys :-)

2. npbg6464

npbg6464 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    United States
    I've had this same problem with an ATI videocard and a Sony TV. None of the video card settings would help. The fix for me was to change a setting on the TV called 'auto display area' to off.

3. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
    If you mean the screen not filling up/went out of bounds of the monitor, then I have the same problem. Increasing the resolution worked, but I still lose 3 pixels on the sides.

4. Centrix
    OP

Centrix Stop Poking the Moogle!

Aug 28, 2008
    United States
    Seattle,WA
    I have read that theres away to adjust this in apex tvs but I can't get into the advance settings on my tv there greyed out on my apex tv :'(

5. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    If your TV has a "PC_IN" port, use that one. These inputs have overscan functionality disabled.

Short of that you'll need a way to enable and adjust the overscan on your graphics card. ATI AMD CCC has an easy way to do this - not sure about nVidia. Would be surprised if they didn't, though.

6. npbg6464

npbg6464 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2013
    United States