Homebrew WIP Nut

straumli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How can I download all title updates? It is possible via the server GUI but I fail to get it working via the command line.. :)

Vantis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so I am trying to organise my .nsp collection. I have a Game Folder within that folder I have Base Folder, Update Folder, and I want DLC Folder. Within each folder I would like the .nsp's ( all DLC in one folder within the game name folder) I have tried everything with no luck

Last edited by Vantis,

PsychOsmosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to remove title rights from the NSP (which is, as I understand, the same as using the SDK and reencrypting the NSP as "standard crypto") but I keep getting "Exception: Mismatched masterKeyRevs!"... :(
nut.py says the "masterKeyRev = 0x0" for both titles, but both are titles released in the last month, so it should be a newer masterkey, no? But I don't know how to specify the masterkeyrev for each title. There is no field in the titledb for the masterkeyrev...
Both NSPs were obtained on a certain website, NOT using CDN.

So I'm at a complete loss... :(
If you wouldn't mind helping me, I would be infinitely grateful!

EDIT: Keys were also obtained online.

EDIT2: After trying to figure it out even more, it seems nut.py obtains the wrong titlekeyDec from the rights id using master_key_00. But I know for sure that I have the right key00. I found the same key on 3 different websites. I also tried the keys 01 to 05 to no avail (I don't get the correct titlekey of the game with neither of them). I also tried caps and lowercase for master_key_00, but I always get the same wrong titlekey. Does the script use another value apart from the rights ID and master_key_00 to obtain the titlekey? If I have this value wrong, it could explain why I get the wrong titlekey. If not, I seriously don't know what the problem is..!!

EDIT3: I found which keys the script use, reverified each and everyone of them and it still gives me the same wrong titlekey...

Perhaps the NSP was reencoded to master_key_00 by the warez team for compatibility with older firmware and that's why nut.py shits the bed??? The file is encrypted with key rev 0 but the decrypted files say that it should be encrypted with key rev 5 so that's where the mismatch comes from?
Also, that would explain why the titlekey is different than the "publicly available" one!!

FINAL EDIT: Question answered on GitHub. NSP has indeed been modified for the scene release, leading to the masterKeyRev mismatch!

Last edited by PsychOsmosis,
Reactions: ByteBite

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to remove title rights from the NSP (which is, as I understand, the same as using the SDK and reencrypting the NSP as "standard crypto") but I keep getting "Exception: Mismatched masterKeyRevs!"... :(
nut.py says the "masterKeyRev = 0x0" for both titles, but both are titles released in the last month, so it should be a newer masterkey, no? But I don't know how to specify the masterkeyrev for each title. There is no field in the titledb for the masterkeyrev...
Both NSPs were obtained on a certain website, NOT using CDN.

So I'm at a complete loss... :(
If you wouldn't mind helping me, I would be infinitely grateful!

EDIT: Keys were also obtained online.

EDIT2: After trying to figure it out even more, it seems nut.py obtains the wrong titlekeyDec from the rights id using master_key_00. But I know for sure that I have the right key00. I found the same key on 3 different websites. I also tried the keys 01 to 05 to no avail (I don't get the correct titlekey of the game with neither of them). I also tried caps and lowercase for master_key_00, but I always get the same wrong titlekey. Does the script use another value apart from the rights ID and master_key_00 to obtain the titlekey? If I have this value wrong, it could explain why I get the wrong titlekey. If not, I seriously don't know what the problem is..!!

EDIT3: I found which keys the script use, reverified each and everyone of them and it still gives me the same wrong titlekey...

Perhaps the NSP was reencoded to master_key_00 by the warez team for compatibility with older firmware and that's why nut.py shits the bed??? The file is encrypted with key rev 0 but the decrypted files say that it should be encrypted with key rev 5 so that's where the mismatch comes from?
Also, that would explain why the titlekey is different than the "publicly available" one!!

FINAL EDIT: Question answered on GitHub. NSP has indeed been modified for the scene release, leading to the masterKeyRev mismatch!

yeah i don’t know why the ticket in that release is bad. i asked around, and people were having issues with the messenger scene release too. i am really curious if that title installed will even play on the switch
. the ticket is reporting master key rev 0 when clearly it is 5.

straumli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
  1. Is it correct that in Server mode you can only download/push-to-tinfoil the original title keys and not the latest update?
  2. After I ran "python nut.py" and downloaded titles, I can still manually select to download updates in the "Title Updates Available" popup. In my config file I have set the update property to TRUE so I did not expect that. What is the difference between the config settings and the manual selecting of downloading titles updates?
"download": {
"base": true,
"update": true,

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Is it correct that in Server mode you can only download/push-to-tinfoil the original title keys and not the latest update?
  2. After I ran "python nut.py" and downloaded titles, I can still manually select to download updates in the "Title Updates Available" popup. In my config file I have set the update property to TRUE so I did not expect that. What is the difference between the config settings and the manual selecting of downloading titles updates?
"download": {
"base": true,
"update": true,
yeah server mode only supports pushing base titles. it’s a work in progress.

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
get the title key into the database, then run nut.py --unlock-all

look at the format of titlekeys.txt to see what it expects.
i have placed nut.py in the cdnsp folder, but it's not working. When clicked, a window opens for 1 sec and closes

Priyam

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Did you not download the NSX with nut? you cant move just nut.py
yes, i downloaded through the cdnsp gui using nut mode. I didn't see any file called nut.py in the cdnsp directory so i downloaded and placed in that folder. What am i doing wrong?
Edit; okay just found out that cdnsp gui already has a unlock option. I tired using that but it says unable. Failed to obtained titlekey. But when i updated the titlekeys i saw fifa 19 being added. Do i have to add manually?
double edit. : i think fifa 19 is still not added to the cdnsp database. It only appears in nut mode. I think I will have to wait some for time to be added. Thanks anyways

Last edited by Priyam,

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, i downloaded through the cdnsp gui using nut mode. I didn't see any file called nut.py in the cdnsp directory so i downloaded and placed in that folder. What am i doing wrong?
Edit; okay just found out that cdnsp gui already has a unlock option. I tired using that but it says unable. Failed to obtained titlekey. But when i updated the titlekeys i saw fifa 19 being added. Do i have to add manually?
double edit. : i think fifa 19 is still not added to the cdnsp database. It only appears in nut mode. I think I will have to wait some for time to be added. Thanks anyways

That isnt nut, that is bobs gui. I know there is a way for it to unlock them, I just do not know how. You should ask on discord where he hangs out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.