Hacking NTSC-J Backup loading help.

Daveak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't find a more appropriate forum except for here and the search function looks like it would take days to weed through topics.

Here's what I have installed:

rev14, PreLoader, CFG USB Loader, System Menu Ver 4.0U, External WD Passport 500GB HDD

I've made my Wii region free via PreLoader.

Trying to play these 3 games so far in the NTSC-J region:

Naruto Shippuuden GNT EX and EX 3
Tatsunoko vs Capcom Cross Generation of Heroes

Now GNT EX 1 all it does is load and give me a black screen

GNT EX 3 on the other hand loads up, gives me the health warning then it comes to a screen where it displays some type of message in Japanese (that I can't understand) and just stays there. It hasn't froze because I can still Press the Home button successfully to restart back to SM.

TvC does the same as GNT EX 3.

I've tried Country fix, anti-002, force language, force ntsc, nothing is working with that.

How do I get past this error? Is it not possible? Am I doing something wrong?

Help is much appreciated!!

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could it be that there's something like press A to whatever? If yes, i think you need to connect the correct plugin for the wiimote.

Daveak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The message just comes up (for naruto anyway) "1P-then some jap writing", then to another message with probably just a message of an error.

But I didn't know there were plugins for wiimotes so i will check that out.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont think it is a loader prob but a language prob e.g you dont read JAP.

it could say connect the Nunchuk, GC pad, Classic Controller or even unplug them.

P.S More info would off helped like USB or Disk loader, cIOS rev etc

Daveak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
i dont think it is a loader prob but a language prob e.g you dont read JAP.

it could say connect the Nunchuk, GC pad, Classic Controller or even unplug them.

P.S More info would off helped like USB or Disk loader, cIOS rev etc

pepxl: It is obvious you did not read my entire post because I included the "more info" in the first. As far as controller, I highly doubt these 3 games require a classic controller or even a GC pad because 1) their Wii games and 2) because they use the functionality of the Wii controllers. And I do have the Nunchuk connected (if this were not the case, it would display the screen where they show an image of the user connecting a nunchuk, not a one line sentence).

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Start the game with just the wiimote, and when it freezes on the Japanese text, insert the nunchuck. This happens on the majority of NTSC-J games. Also remove any Gamecube hardware like memory cards and controllers (known problem with Tatsunoko vs. Capcom).

Even if your Wii is "region free" try setting the language in the loader to Japanese. I never had to do this until I came across Ju-On, and for some reason my system hacks weren't enough to detect the region.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i didnt say they needed them i sed it might say plug them in or unplug them, the simplest way to do it is to use a translator seem as tho u cant read japanese

Daveak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@WiiPower: I thought maybe you think I was trying the games off of the Dolphin App? Or your referring to the WiiMotionPlus/Nunchuk as a plugin?

@dsfanatics5: Thanks I will try that when i get home (I remember leaving the GC Wireless inserted into the port) and I will also check my free memory blocks as I read that could be a possible issue.

@pepxl: Sorry I misunderstood your first post - was a little upset from work today and wasn't reading correctly.
biggrin.gif

Will try when I get off work in a few hours and post back.

Daveak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! Both games work GNT ex3, TvC. Removed the GC Wireless input and then pressed A and it would allow me to make a save game.

GNT EX still gives the black screen so maybe it needs a patch or something...IDK.

Thanks for the help/input guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte